Adelaide Dolers

Weasels

Hi, hope some Adelaideans can help, my google-fu is failing me :/

I'm wondering if there is a decent sized area that is off-leash, in the North, East or Hills. I just went through the off-leash areas in the TTG council on google maps and even along linear park they look tiny :( I like to jog with the kelpies, but if they are on-lead I run off balance and get sore.

So does anyone know an area that is long enough that we don't need to do 10 laps for a 5k run, or a multi-oval complex or similar that is offlead?

That's a shame JLC :( I'm trying to find legal spots but not having much success. It's quite possible people like that who have a very casual approach to the term "effective control" are the reason it's hard to find good off-lead spaces.

:rofl: TheLBD well my suggestion was closer then Goolwa and its about 8km. The 4km loop is nothing :rofl:.

But its sssooooouuuutthh!! *pout*

Run over them there hills LBD ;)

The dogs do, most days! I, however, cannot run over the hills so well :p Them things be steep :eek:

Edited by TheLBD

I did mention to you before that you should come out and run in the forests ;)

I almost messaged you before I started the thread! I was eyeing off some forests on the road to Kersbrook, do you know if they're any use?

I've only been to one part of mt crawford forest so not sure if they are all similar, but if your kelpies are likely to take off after a stray sheep I don't recommend going off lead. I always take Reg on long line now.. :o:walkdog:

In TTG area I think your best bet is linear park, perhaps you could do A circuit along the main foot path then back along the river. Still not sure if that would be quite as large As you'd like.

If you find a place let me know!! :)

I'm not 100% sure that it's big enough.. but the 'North Adelaide Dog Park' is pretty big, I've seen plenty of people jogging with their dogs there. It's a fairly popular park though

I'll check it out, thanks! I'd be going mid-morning so hopefully some of the busyness will have abated by then anyway :)

I've only been to one part of mt crawford forest so not sure if they are all similar, but if your kelpies are likely to take off after a stray sheep I don't recommend going off lead. I always take Reg on long line now.. :o:walkdog:

In TTG area I think your best bet is linear park, perhaps you could do A circuit along the main foot path then back along the river. Still not sure if that would be quite as large As you'd like.

Mt Crawford is definitely do-able, I think it's actually a little bit closer than town for me :) Not too worried about the sheep, they live next door to sheeps now with some pretty shoddy fencing and don't go after them (I'll keep my eyes peeled though just in case!). Ta :)

I'm not 100% sure that it's big enough.. but the 'North Adelaide Dog Park' is pretty big, I've seen plenty of people jogging with their dogs there. It's a fairly popular park though

I'll check it out, thanks! I'd be going mid-morning so hopefully some of the busyness will have abated by then anyway :)

Mt Crawford is definitely do-able, I think it's actually a little bit closer than town for me :) Not too worried about the sheep, they live next door to sheeps now with some pretty shoddy fencing and don't go after them (I'll keep my eyes peeled though just in case!). Ta :)

Watch for 'roos in the forest too. I often see them in there.

Watch for 'roos in the forest too. I often see them in there.

Ah yes of course. Less cool :/ Thanks for the heads up!

This part of Linear Park is nice - not too many people and a large area for dogs to run off lead -http://www.whereis.com/sa/athelstone/linear-park-ct#session=NDE=

Great, thanks! That's right near my inlaws too so I could probably wrangle a cup of coffe while I'm down there :grimace:

Linear Park was going to be my suggestion as well.

LBD - many areas all parks are offlead provided the dogs are under effective control.

Thanks Piper - we have a couple of local ovals that are deserted during the week, they are great for throwing a ball :)

I have some free time this week, will start scouting out the suggestions :thumbsup: Thanks everyone!

Thanks MW! I went there yesterday and had a look around, according to the map I went through an offlead area but didn't see any signage. I'll give it another look later and try to keep my bearings a bit better :/