Missing Pomeranian

ash1

Our 10 year old female pomeranian went missing from our property today, at Murphys Creek, Qld 4352 (near Toowoomba), and I would be grateful if everyone could keep their eyes and ear open for her.

Although she is 10, she is tiny, so apart from a bit of grey around her eyes and muzzle, looks like a puppy. She has her long winter fur on. She is microchipped, but only wearing a tick collar, not an id collar.

She is on medication, we are frantic with worry and desperate for her return.

Smudge3_zps110d3b31.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see you've put the ad on Gumtree. A little dog wouldn't have gone far on her own steam... get as much notification as you can up around the local area. I' m sure you've done that... with posters & flyers in mail boxes.

You've probably done this, too, but just in case... a small dog can get stuck or locked in somewhere around your property. Search the most unlikeliest places... anywhere that a small dog could fit in, get blocked in & or fall in. That happened to us with a small dog.

Also let the RSPCA Qld Lost & Found data base know about her. Someone might've picked her up & look there for a match (it's on the Net).

http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/LostAndFound/

I know how horrible it feels when a little dog is missing. Everything crossed that she's found.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/murphys-creek/dogs-puppies/missing-lost-pomeranian/1025405726

Edited by mita

Thanks everyone.

I'm not on facebook, but have done everything else suggested.

We are up early this morning for another thorough search of the property before going to get some more flyers printed and do a letterbox drop. There are 1700 houses in our (long, rural) street alone.

Will also go up to the RSPCA in case she has been handed in there.

I have listed her on the RSPCA lost/found, as well as everywhere else I can think of, local vets, etc, including the local radio stations.

I am beside myself with worry, she is my heart dog and such a tiny little munchkin, she won't survive long by herself. I just hope a "good samaritan" has picked her up and we'll get her back. It's the not knowing that is so very hard.

Still thinking of you... I'm in awe of how you're doing everything humanly possible ... & more.

Do you have another dog she knows well, to take out searching with you? Sometimes, if they're hiding because they're frightened, they'll come out at the scent of their dog 'friend'.

Also put a little pile of dry dog food at your front gate.

Someone on DOL once suggested putting up a good sized poster on your own front fence. Makes so much sense if a person driving/walking by knows something....

I've since passed that on to others & it's been useful.

I know so well the feeling when a small dog just vanishes.

Edited by mita

Guest donatella

I will share on the Pomeranian Facebook Ash, do you have any contact details?

Edited by donatella

Thank you.

My name is Amanda

my numbers are 07 4630 5505 or 0400 425 900.

We have delivered 1000 flyers so far, plus put up on noticeboards. Will phone all the vets, visit the pound, schools, as many places as I can think of tomorrow that are not open today.

I just cannot accept that I may never see her again.

Guest donatella

You are living my worst nightmare. Don't give up hope just yet its still early days and you're getting the word out and Facebook is a very powerful tool in these situations :hug:

Guest donatella

Thank you.

My name is Amanda

my numbers are 07 4630 5505 or 0400 425 900.

We have delivered 1000 flyers so far, plus put up on noticeboards. Will phone all the vets, visit the pound, schools, as many places as I can think of tomorrow that are not open today.

I just cannot accept that I may never see her again.

What side of Murphys Creek? One of the Pom group lives on the Wittcott side asks and will keep an eye out for her