M I S S I N G Foster Dog - Heeler - Eddie 0429589168

_PL_

Eddie Hotline 0429589168

Eddie Email [email protected]

Eddie's Facebook Page

MISSING - DOG - PATERSON MAYBE GOING TOWARDS TAREE

Eddie was in care in Paterson Newcastle and has gotten out we think he maybe on his way back to taree as he has only known his old home for the whole of his life if you come across him he is going to be very scared please contact us asap [email protected] Dog Rescue Newcastle

Please share this in all surrounding areas please!!

above text apparently circulating on FB.

SSR also have contacts waiting to hear if there has been a sighting of Eddie. You can email me: [email protected]

An e-news has been sent out also.

He was an old lady's guardian and had to be surrendered when she went into a nursing home.

I've met Eddie, he is a lovely boy but will be completely out of his depth and scared, and hungry. Eddie was a farm dog, he's never had to deal with urban dangers so please watch the roads.

As a brand new surrender .. and next of kin still digging for his paperwork... he was due to go for a microchip scan etc but escaped. He may or may not be chipped.

Please, whatever you can do and wherever you can post this please help Eddie come home. If you are near a local pound please visit daily with his photo.

We need:

People to check their local pound - one volunteer covering Rutherford already -

Ask their rangers

Put posters in stockfeed supply places in case Eddie has gone bush

Drop his photo and contacts in to their local vet

Post his details on local notice boards, FB lost dog sites and the buy-swap-sell

Contact local small private rescues who may be asked to take him in

Please emphasise that he is lost and wanted dog, he may be assumed to be a 9yr old dumping or unchipped stray (assuming he has no chip).

All contact to Dog Rescue Newcastle or alternatively SSR

***edited to add: possible sightings at Nabiac and Buladelah! ***

edited to add 29/8 possible sighting at Muswellbrook

eddie-poster.jpg

thank you in advance :grouphug:

post-6444-0-66392200-1377053092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Powerlegs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks BC. :) He really is lovely. I'd approach him slowly, he'd be very wary and easily spooked.

He'd be about 9? So he's spent all that time looking after his owner, her memory is pretty bad but she still asks about Eddie and has a dog teddy in her room called Eddie. :(

To my knowledge he hadn't been scanned yet Maree. :( He was a stat-dec next-of-kin surrender with the chip status to be finalised.

The whole house is being packed and his records haven't been found. His vet didn't record a chip.

His family are going to council to see if he shows up on the CAR linked to his home address. If he shows up at least that is a lead on the number.

The other worry is that he may have gone into bushland.

:crossfingers:

How confused and stressed he must be. I hope he is found safe and well.

I know they can search the database by his address, rather than number, if he is chipped and if his address in the database is known.

Thank you everyone.

There's been absolutely no sightings at all. :( The DRN carer and Eddie's family members are in contact now and he just needs as many eyes looking for him as possible.

How confused and stressed he must be. I hope he is found safe and well.

I know they can search the database by his address, rather than number, if he is chipped and if his address in the database is known.

Sorry Anne, I missed this.

Yep, that was the plan re his home address. He's only ever lived at one place so if he's chipped he can be flagged as missing at least.

We're trying to find people nearby pounds and the RSPCA who can take his photo in and regularly check rather than rely on the fact that he might have a chip.

With no sightings so far I'm very worried that he has taken off into rural areas or bushland. Apparently (not my area so I'm only repeating a possibility) there is a population of feral dogs out that way and another possibility of 1080 baits.

If we can get posters into some stockfeed places that might help? & Does anyone know if they have auction yards out that way? :o

His carer is going to get him announced on local radio and I believe has done flyer drops, pound trips and even drove to Taree looking for him on the way. :cry:

I don't know the Paterson area at all but there aren't any sale yards in Newcastle that I'm aware of. Know there are some at Maitland.

Poor fella must be terrified :( Being hungry by now I hope he doesn't pick up one of those baits. What a nightmare for all concerned.

The dangers are endless for him.

I kept my eye's & ears peeled all morning as I have been out & about around our leash free dogs beach & surrounding bushland. No luck though.

Edited by BC Crazy

:thanks: Thank you BC.

I'll look up things where the farmers or rural folk might visit.

And I think the carer needs help with letter boxing and signs but will have to check. Maybe someone on DOL lives near her.