Dog Shot At Wendouree Home

Zereuloh

1378329441[/url]' post='6291411']

I am also goint to add here that i have had the police come to my place seeking someone on the run.. they were at the wrong address ( ie 159 instead of 139) and i have dogs who could have been construed as "agressive" towards a group of tense,threatening strangers.. so i suppose those of you who say that the police do not come to give out lollies or sell raffle tickets would castigate me if i was distressed about my dogs being shot.. saying i should have expected it...i beg to differ and i hope i never become so judgemental.

shame on you shame

eta it is bloody hard for a dog to be shot in the back of the neck as it rushes someone..

H

Excuse me?

I have not read ONE WORD in this thread that suggests that the owner of the dog should be condemned for her distress. Not one. No one has taken the piss out of her, or suggested that she should simply suck it up.

Please resist the urge to make this all about you. Any of us would be gutted if our dog got shot. Some of us would blame ourselves for allowing it to happen, rather than sheeting the whole thing home to being someone else's fault. That's the difference I suppose.

To me responsible dog owners are those who accept responsibility for what happens to their dogs. They don't necessarily have to be happy about it..

Got to love all the ballistics experts this thread has revealed. Plenty of judging going on in that regard.

at no point did i suggest that the owner should feel those sentiments nor that others have directly said that.but many comments seem to imply that this can be a reasonable consequence especially if you have a large dog.I used my story to illustrate ( from first hand experience rather than what someone told someone) that this could actually happen to any one of us.. certainly not to make this all about me.

H

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But - according to all reports - the dog was no aggressive, nor was he behaving aggressively.

But according to this report, the dog rushed police.

Ms Elliott said her father had asked police why Bruiser had been shot and was told: "It scared me."

"Bruiser had to have been turned away to be shot like that and when I felt his body, he wasn't tense at all," Ms Elliott,

"He's never attacked anyone. He'd lick you to death first.

"He growls and barks and that but that's all he would do."

Clearly the police need to recruit more psychics. I wonder what "and that" entailed.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I also think shoulder cams are a brilliant idea .... so much can happen in a short time ..and people remember things differently .

People also lie their heads off - until they realise the incident was recorded.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Troy
Please do not change people's quotes - adjusted back to original

I also think shoulder cams are a brilliant idea .... so much can happen in a short time ..and people remember things differently .

Police also lie their heads off - until they realise the incident was recorded.

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. In future please refrain from changing my quotes. I'd hate for someone to think I actually did say that and that is precisely the impression your editing conveys.

Incident recording keeps everyone honest. If that's your point, make it for yourself. Police are people by the way, regardless of what you think.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Fixed that for you.

Whoa there Nelly, I hope you have never called the police and never will if you are in trouble.

If the dog had been shot with a hollow point round, you'd expect to see a lot more damage than the photos shows- which is virtually nothing.

Not that it's a terribly important point- there's no real way of knowing (without reliable evidecne from either side) what exactly happened or if the shooting was justified but I do think the family has to take some responsibility for what happened. By law, you have to provide safe access to your front door. If the dog ran out the front door and straight at the police, it wasn't being contained appropriately. Had the dog gone on to attack someone walking past the house, there'd be zero sympathy for the owners on this forum. The dog could just have easily ran out the front door, jumped that tiny fence and been struck by a car so in my opinion it wasn't safely contained at all and it was an accident waiting to happen.

Maybe the officer in question did overreact but given the current situation with extensive reporting of dog attacks (and a serious one being a mastiff cross), you can't really blame someone for panicking when they found themselves face to face with a similar dog that was allegedy charging at them aggressively.

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. In future please refrain from changing my quotes. I'd hate for someone to think I actually did say that and that is precisely the impression your editing conveys.

Incident recording keeps everyone honest. If that's your point, make it for yourself. Police are people by the way, regardless of what you think.

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

So the Cavalier called Bruiser I know is also owned by a Bogan? What about our oversized Stafford called Brutus am I a bogan as well?????

Along with the Chihuahua called Bruiser that I know of, too. Named after the Chihuahua, Bruiser, in the movie 'Legally Blonde'.

Heaven help us if being a 'bogan' means you have to call your dog 'Cupcake' or 'Sweetpea', for safety reasons. :)

And also if your dog's name is on the' Is This Person a Bogan?' checklist. :)

Edited by mita

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

Time will tell.

I did :) - having only skimmed the thread it made me go back and check what had been actually been written (it seems rather rude and childish to alter someones words when quoting, so I wanted to clarify what had or had not been said)

Time will tell.

I did :) - having only skimmed the thread it made me go back and check what had been actually been written (it seems rather rude and childish to alter someones words when quoting, so I wanted to clarify what had or had not been said)

Someone on the internet offended me. Oh the horror!

Fact is there a A LOT of corrupt police officers who lie through their teeth. That's common knowledge. Before you put words in my mouth. I said a lot, not all. ;)

Fact is there a A LOT of corrupt police officers who lie through their teeth. That's common knowledge. Before you put words in my mouth. I said a lot, not all. ;)

Care to support that assertion with a credible source? Fact is, a lot of "facts" quoted on the internet are pulled out of the poster's @rse to support a prejudice. Not all cops are on the up and up. However that's a long way from "a lot".

Bring on body cameras and an instant way of verifying what happens in incidents like this - assuming the police officer turns the camera on.

not sure what point you are trying to make there? I'm not offended, just expressed an opinion - as did you (so I assume you are not so thin skinned that you are offended by people expressing an opinion of the way you chose to express your opinion). As for common knowledge that "there are A LOT of corrupt police officers", I prefer to use actual data :)

Time will tell.

You're probably trying to stir the pot but your "fact" I don't buy into much :laugh:

Fixed that for you.

Where is the "some police" or even "a lot of police"? You clearly meant to generalise. I noticed you haven't commented on whether you've ever called the police.

Time will tell.

You're probably trying to stir the pot but your "fact" I don't buy into much :laugh:

Of course I am. :p

But just google and check out some youtube vids. You'll find your evidence there. ;)

Fixed that for you.

Where is the "some police" or even "a lot of police"? You clearly meant to generalise. I noticed you haven't commented on whether you've ever called the police.

I have. Years ago. Once when my next door neighbour had a lot of expensive items stolen and another when a female neighbour was being beaten up by her boyfriend. No officers attended either report.