Handsome Hank

Guest hanko

Oh my, he is GORGEOUS!!! I loved looking through all those growing up photos! We're getting our very first dog in 6 weeks time, also a Golden Retriever boy. The days are dragging by SO slowly the only way to pass them is to spend an awful lot of time shopping for puppy supplies and admiring other puppies online like your Hank :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hankodie

Just caught up again with Handsome Hank. He is growing fast and into the most gorgeous boy! Love your photos of him, they are capturing him beautifully :)

That doggie pool is awesome :D

Oh my, he is GORGEOUS!!! I loved looking through all those growing up photos! We're getting our very first dog in 6 weeks time, also a Golden Retriever boy. The days are dragging by SO slowly the only way to pass them is to spend an awful lot of time shopping for puppy supplies and admiring other puppies online like your Hank :D

Thank you both!

Miss Sandy how exciting! So happy to hear you are getting a GR - they are the best dogs. My breeder tells me the boys especially are soooo sooky as well, Hank can't get enough cuddles and he's always looking for some attention!

I'll post some more photos now - I've been a bit behind as I've been without my camera for a couple of weeks! Must remember to take photos regularly, time is going by and he's growing up so fast :(

Guest hankodie

Week 22 (I think)

As I wrote above I've been without my camera but managed to snap a couple today! It's been rainy and the dogs are both being a little crazy inside. Also please excuse how feral Hank looks at the moment, his paw pads are due for a trim and his puppy fur is falling out everywhere, poor thing is going through some serious puberty :laugh:

2ijjg2u.jpg

2vmvqef.jpg

Showing off his new trick... trying to teach him to play dead but he still hasn't quite mastered a realistic "death"

2pr72b8.jpg

He looks so pensive every time I whip out the camera... must take some sneaky shots of him being a goofball like he usually is 99% of the time :D

2bnwk8.jpg

Bonus photo of my darling little buddha enjoying a cuddle from her dad :)

I'll try to upload more photos this week if I can, hopefully at the markets if it's not too wet :) We start obedience again on Tuesday after a 2 week break, can't wait! He's sooooo naughty at the moment :laugh:

Guest hankodie

This week's Naughty Puppy Award Goes To........

Mr. Handsome Horrible Hank! Who has decided that the recent rainy weather was the perfect time to get acquainted with muddy puddles. He egged his sister on to join the fun to. Here, you can witness the mischief unfold:

wj9hna.jpg

"Huh.... this is kind of fun!"

34q22rr.jpg

"Hey Odie! Come check this out!"

102unpx.jpg

"See, you just paw at it like this..."

2rzxx0m.jpg

"WOOOOOO ZOOOMIEEEESSS"

2e5jygo.jpg

"Ok. I can tell by your expression that you're not very happy with me"

16giv10.jpg

".... can I come in now?"

He's really growing up and losing that puppy look isn't he? How's the size of those paws! You can see glimpses of what his adult face might look like in some shots, I think he's going to be utterly gorgeous!

Your Frenchie is just divine too, does Hank try to get picked up or sit on laps too?

Guest hankodie

haha, that expression is priceless :D

It's his "I know I'm in trouble" face :laugh:

He's really growing up and losing that puppy look isn't he? How's the size of those paws! You can see glimpses of what his adult face might look like in some shots, I think he's going to be utterly gorgeous!

Your Frenchie is just divine too, does Hank try to get picked up or sit on laps too?

Thanks Roova! He's still got a fair bit of growing to do but his neck/head area seems to be filling out much more lately especially if I look back on the photos over the last month :)

Hahaha Hank definitely thinks he's a lap dog! He's getting so big and he doesn't realise it, it's adorable and sad. He always tries to sleep on Odie's bed with her but acts confused when she gets huffy with him! :rofl:

Guest hankodie

At least Odie is black :laugh: . Great pix. Yes, he is turning into an adult in front of our eyes.

Love the photo of your little Buddha with her dad.

ETA : I think your yard needs some drainage pipes :eek:

Thanks DD :D

I know, it's awful! Most of the patchiness is due to giant palm trees that we had removed and the grass hasn't started growing in yet but the last owners had a blocked drain that overflowed onto the grass for years :eek: hence the giant patch. I will mention the drainage pipes to my husband though!

I think this is my new favourite thread! You've captured him growing up and the photos are fabulous and he is VERY VERY handsome! Plus, i'm a bit biased that you have a Frenchie in your family too!

You've inspired me to get my camera out again as I seemed to lose my camera mojo somewhere back in May this year...

Just out of interest, what camera/lens do you have? The bokeh in the background of Hank on the beach is great!

I can't wait to see more updates... especially if its been raining and is muddy at your place!

Guest hankodie

:laugh: Love the mud ones. He's really growing now and loosing the puppy look, he's more like a youth now. What age did he start loosing his milk teeth, I want to be on the lookout for my puppy's milkys.

Thanks Kirislin! Oh I am so jealous you are still enjoying the puppy breath with your pup (she is so cute btw :D). Hank started losing his around 3-4 months I think? He's almost 6 months old now and his adult teeth have all grown in! :eek:

I think this is my new favourite thread! You've captured him growing up and the photos are fabulous and he is VERY VERY handsome! Plus, i'm a bit biased that you have a Frenchie in your family too!

You've inspired me to get my camera out again as I seemed to lose my camera mojo somewhere back in May this year...

Just out of interest, what camera/lens do you have? The bokeh in the background of Hank on the beach is great!

I can't wait to see more updates... especially if its been raining and is muddy at your place!

Thanks for the kind words SammieS! :) I mostly use a canon 5d mk 3 with prime lenses, I use a 35 mm f/1.4 mostly to shoot the pups as well as a 50 mm :) :)

and I know what you mean, I lose my camera mojo all the time!

PS: I'm assuming those are your frenchies in your sig :love: :love: :love: so adorable!!! Are they as naughty as mine? :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Week 24

I have been neglecting my puppy photos yet again! It's been a busy 2 weeks and Hank is growing so fast. I swear he grows a little bit more every time he naps!

Here are some from yesterday's obedience class... he's working very hard for treats :D

eal8hv.jpg

2mcym2s.jpg

15vwqc.jpg

of4l20.jpg

2qsykiv.jpg

Guest hankodie

15n811g.jpg

accompanying Odie while she was crated this afternoon after I accidentally clipped her nail too short resulting in a bleeding quick :( he stayed there for an hour. So sweet.

accompanying Odie while she was crated this afternoon after I accidentally clipped her nail too short resulting in a bleeding quick :( he stayed there for an hour. So sweet.

Oh such love :heart::heart: The moment I saw Odie in the crate, I was going to ask why LOL. My nail clipping has always left a lot to be desired: too long or too short ouch!!

Guest hankodie

Oh such love :heart::heart: The moment I saw Odie in the crate, I was going to ask why LOL. My nail clipping has always left a lot to be desired: too long or too short ouch!!

Me too DD! Odie absolutely hates having her nails done because I cut into the quick when she was a puppy... now whenever I do her nails it's a constant battle. I got too nervous yesterday while trying to do her back foot and accidentally hacked into her quick :eek: poor thing! It's only the 2nd time I've done it but I don't know if she'll ever trust me again :laugh: