Handsome Hank

Guest hanko

Guest hankodie

Week 17

Mr. Handsome Hank is 17 weeks old :)

He really is turning out to be a very "chase the butterflies, laze in the sun" kind of dog which suits me just fine! Raising a low drive dog has been a very nice change of pace :laugh:

Unfortunately he is still terrified of the water... oh he will wade in it and maybe submerge himself briefly trying to chase after birds, before he realises he's (to his horror) actually in the water, then he tears out of their with a look of terror on his face. Hmmm... we may have to work through this issue some more :laugh:

15ydsol.jpg

206h45x.jpg

xc80ug.jpg

Barking at the ducks but did not have the cojones to dive into the water after them :rofl:

214usuo.jpg

18lo52.jpg

xo1jy8.jpg

33bob9k.jpg

mi2uli.jpg

24nqvjd.jpg

Edited by hankodie

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hankodie

Nice spot and nice photos :). He's really starting to elongate now isn't he. Some of those photos show what looks like biiiig feet to grow in to!

Thanks Roova! His dad is a big boy while his mum is more on the petite side so it's a bit of a guessing game at this point :laugh: but he's napping all the time at the moment so either way he's definitely going through a growth spurt!

Guest hankodie

Hank is adorable. Growing up really fast. He is maturing beautifully ♥

beautiful photos, you've captured the light and his softness so well, I just want to be able to bury my face in his fur and snuggle.

Thanks BC & Kirislin! He's growing more snuggly by the day, it makes up for any naughty puppy stuff he does :laugh:

Aw Hank is just adorable, and you take the most beautiful photos! :love: Do you mind me asking what sort of lens you use?

I have been following little Hank along with the others in the puppy thread, love seeing them all grow and hearing about puppy antics! :D

Thank you rusty&biscuit, it's nice to be able to have somewhere to share his photos! I use a 35mm f 1.4/l to shoot the doggies, it's a fantastic all-purpose lens :)

Hank looks a really lovely dog. And you sound a lovely owner as well .... all those trips to the beach. Just what a dog needs :thumbsup:

Aw thanks so much DD! We are lucky enough to live near some fantastic dog friendly beaches, the dogs are spoiled for choice!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hankodie

I've been a bit slack lately with the photos! We have been busy with renovation jobs around the house and in the backyard. The new fences are finally up and the yard is well on it's way to becoming a doggy paradise :thumbsup: it's much more secure now and the dogs just love it out there.

Hank is a little bit of a handful at the moment as he's teething and has a few "crazy puppy" episodes during the day but he always seems to settle fairly quickly with a bit of training. He has also figured out that he's a retriever! He picked up how to fetch this week and he has a newfound obsession with bringing dirty socks to his bed :laugh:

Here are some photos for week 18 (and 19).

5mjmdw.jpg

xdf7sj.jpg

2v9dl4x.jpg

16733t5.jpg

rlvmea.jpg

10z95wo.jpg

bikufm.jpg

Guest hankodie

Thanks DD and akristin! :D

DD I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to build something like this :laugh: He thinks I'm ridiculous. I think the dogs would love it! (well Odie would anyway, Hank is still ahem, learning to love the water)

A couple more -

1zccmci.jpg

29co2kk.jpg

Look at that big goofy teenager grin! Growing up so fast

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hankodie

Week 19 + 20 (???)

I seem to have lost count of the weeks! I've been a little slack, again :o

Mr. Handsome is officially a teenager. His baby teeth are all falling out and he's been a bit of a troublemaker recently :laugh: He's also developed a terrible case of selective hearing. "Oh what's that? You want me to heel? Hmmmm... I don't think I know what that means. Ooooh look, a leaf" :laugh:

2rgcgad.jpg

2wq7c51.jpg

Bickering like an old married couple. Wrestling and still losing to Odie, despite him gaining the upper hand in terms of size :laugh:

2m7z1h1.jpg

29dbgih.jpg

Being a good boy for treats

jh3gy9.jpg

Keeping me company while I do some renovating jobs in the study

2lc9v0o.jpg

Posing for the camera... Odie caught in mid-pose

The dogs also got new tags this week, I think they look super cute!:

297jwl.jpg

(numbers blurred out for obvious reasons but hopefully you get the picture)

I'll try to upload some more photos during the week!

Guest hankodie

Thanks Lisa, DD & Maverick! Can't believe how quickly he's growing up... Had 3 baby teeth fall out today alone :eek: he's a sooky boy at the moment!