Man Punches Police Dog, Gets Bitten On Penis...

Alyosha

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's good about that? The police again put the dog on the front line exposing it to harm. If the dog had done that to me I'd have at worst killed it to get it off, at best gouged it's eyes out. These dogs intimidate, chase, attack, and then when quite inevitably they get hurt the police blame the person being attacked.

What's good about that? The police again put the dog on the front line exposing it to harm. If the dog had done that to me I'd have at worst killed it to get it off, at best gouged it's eyes out. These dogs intimidate, chase, attack, and then when quite inevitably they get hurt the police blame the person being attacked.

Personally, I liked the fact that the dog gave as good as it got.

The person who punched the dog wasn't being chased or attacked by the dog when he punched it. He'd been hiding in a cupboard. I can't vouch for how intimidating the dog was from behind a closed door. :shrug:

You do know that police warn fleeing folk that if they don't stop the dog will be released?

I do blame the person who punched the dog by the way.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

They used the dog to find him not do their job for them. He was a fugitive, had assaulted a woman, stolen property and gone on the run. I call that dangerous. & If he wasn't smart enough to come out quietly he got what he deserved.

Thankfully he was too distracted by his bitten penis to gouge the dog's eyes out. :laugh:

I can tell you, most people, me included, would find a large, aggressive dog intimidating, especially one trained to attack.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't--irrelevant. If a large aggressive dog chases me, attacks me, or gives me the impression that an attack is imminent, I'd kill it or disable it if possible, and quite clearly I'd lay the blame for both my injuries and the dogs with the owner or handler who put the dog square in harms way. It's no accident, the handler in this case knows full well the serious risks to the dogs welfare but proceeds anyway.

I can tell you, most people, me included, would find a large, aggressive dog intimidating, especially one trained to attack.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't--irrelevant. If a large aggressive dog chases me, attacks me, or gives me the impression that an attack is imminent, I'd kill it or disable it if possible, and quite clearly I'd lay the blame for both my injuries and the dogs with the owner or handler who put the dog square in harms way. It's no accident, the handler in this case knows full well the serious risks to the dogs welfare but proceeds anyway.

Oooh, KungLao. What big muscles you must have. Swwwwwwooooooon. NOT.

If you don't want to be chased by a police dog, don't be a criminal.

I'm commenting on the way these dogs routinely have their welfare seriously compromised by their handlers despite the reflexive and predictable reaction by the victims, the inherent negligence, and the backwardness of deflecting blame from themselves, not on whether or not I 'want' to be chased by a police dog.

Power legs, they send the dogs in to do their jobs for them all the time, mainly when they consider it to dangerous for themselves.

Maybe they do. What's the alternative? Have police peering into cupboards and under beds until they get stabbed in the face? The dogs are effective and sometimes they get hurt, so do policemen and so do the criminals who are the ones responsible for putting cops and their dogs in harms way.

I'm commenting on the way these dogs routinely have their welfare seriously compromised by their handlers despite the reflexive and predictable reaction by the victims, the inherent negligence, and the backwardness of deflecting blame from themselves, not on whether or not I 'want' to be chased by a police dog.

Why don't you go in and show them how? You obviously have ALL the answers.

How many dogs are out there on the job day in and day out and how many get injured?

Policement get injured and killed as well. As horrific and desperately sad as it is, it comes with the territory of trying to control a horrible part of our society and trying to keep the majority of us as safe as possible.

Power legs, they send the dogs in to do their jobs for them all the time, mainly when they consider it to dangerous for themselves.

That's what they are there for. I'd rather have a dead dog than a dead cop. The dogs are well looked after generally, and every now and then, they get hurt. Just like every now and then, a human

police officer gets hurt. That's life.

It's only life because 'that's what they're there for', and they're only there because the police put then there. I'm not necessarily opposed to the use of the dogs, I'm just opposed to the police not believing they're responsible for any harm that comes to them, that's obviously absurd.

I find it hard to believe you would be able to kill a shepherd using only your bare hands unless you had a weapon on you which makes you a criminal and there for you would deserve to have a police dog in your face and gouging at the eyes of the dog that is biting you would only serve to make the dog more likely to do more damage to you. The best course of action is if you don't want a dog on your butt don't be a crim or to do what they say and stand still.

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok

Police dog handlers care very strongly for their charges and certainly don't set out to have them hurt or killed. Anyone who works in the emergency services does so at the very real risk of serious injury and while I understand that dogs don't have a say in their involvement that doesn't make them less cared for. Dogs are a valuable part of that team and their welfare isn't taken lightly, apart from the emotional attachment that handlers have to their dogs there is a huge financial outlay that goes with training one. Police dogs are SUPPOSED to be intimidating, they are a tangible threat of force that an offender can see in front of them that will likely seem more 'real' than a gun as it's moving, breathing and focusing it's sight right on them. I have no doubt that the use of dogs by the force has prevented the loss of lives that may otherwise have been taken when the police were forced to shoot a threatening person.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

And that is entirely their job to subdue idiots. Entirely the fault of the 'victim'.

If you don't want your little winkie bitten by a police dog, perhaps best to not break the law, and give up when forewarned the dogs are being released.

I can see Kunglaos reason, I think the dog is lucky to just be punched!

Whats it to a criminal trying to get away whether he hurts or kills a dog? I would have thought that's in a a crims job description to get away by any means necessary, violence against animals included.

Have you ever tried to fight off a police dog? I haven't but I sure wouldn't be game to try it. I think the dog would come off best in a fight with most people, they're faster, stronger, toothier and in most cases I would bet smarter.

(Definitely smarter than this guy who thought punching it in the face would make all his problems go away?)