Heat Rash

Juan61

Hi everyone, just hoping someone has a suggestion re heat rash. I have a small dog, 1/2 this and that, who seems to be suffering from a heat rash under her front legs and under her tail. Unfortunately I'm not that financial at the moment and was hoping there was something that I could use that wouldn't involve a vet visit. I have been washing her with Aloveen oatmeal shampoo which is for itchy dry skin; this does appear to help however was thinking there might be a cream or a powder that I could use at other times, particularly when we're off on our daily walk.

Many thanks

Juanita

Hi everyone, just hoping someone has a suggestion re heat rash. I have a small dog, 1/2 this and that, who seems to be suffering from a heat rash under her front legs and under her tail. Unfortunately I'm not that financial at the moment and was hoping there was something that I could use that wouldn't involve a vet visit. I have been washing her with Aloveen oatmeal shampoo which is for itchy dry skin; this does appear to help however was thinking there might be a cream or a powder that I could use at other times, particularly when we're off on our daily walk.

Many thanks

Juanita

Is it a hot spot? My Golden Retriever sometimes gets hot spots particularly when the days are excessively humid and hot. I trim her coat close to the skin in that area so that the skin can breathe, and use cold tea bags.

Many thanks

Juanita

Curash powder, available from the baby section in supermarkets, works great for skin problems.

Dogs don't really get 'heat rash ' as they have no sweat glands there like we do.

It could well be an allergy though //or some sort of bacterial infection ... or a reaction to her licking /scratching .....

what does the skin look like ? Damp?Pimply? flaky? scabby? is the hair red, or just the skin?

Thanks very much everyone, really appreciate this site and the advice, wonderful for a first time dog owner like me!

I will try the Curash powder And "persephone", I didn't know that, so thanks. She was seized by the RSPCA and when I took her I was told she had skin problems and I was probably going to have to keep her inside; we were pretty much going into winter and there hasn't been any problems until now, now that it's warming up, thus why I thought 'heat rash'.

And cold tea bags, I like that, no doubt very soothing.

Thanks again everyone