Whats In Your Crate?

Beckybecbec

I was browsing Instagram yesterday and I saw a chick that I follow had a pic of her pups crate and in there was a bunch of soft toys... a couple hanging and no cover.

Made me curious what people have in their crates. Just curious... theres no right or wrong reply.

My two sleep side my side in covered crates. They're in a spare room.

They have two comfy pillows each and their blankie. No toys. Only used for sleeping :)

10017764286_226aec7ee0_z.jpg

Lots of Miah's toys atm and a pet bed. Joey and Renae used to go in it a lot together but now hes gonecrying.gif the other 2 rarely use it. We have been thinking about packing it up and just using if we need it for something at some stage.

They always slept at night on our bed anyway, and Renae and Miah still do.

oh and there used to be a small shadow box frame with a pic of my husband and i in it hanging on the inside of the crate ;)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Guest Maeby Fünke

An acrylic fleece dog mat topped with a Snooza pet futon and a polar fleece blankie for snuggling.

(Though my Pug sleeps in my bed and rarely sleeps in his crate.)

Only one of mine sleeps in a soft crate, he doesn't like blankets in it so he has a heated mattress which is unplugged but it's good as it has the nice thick foam and fleecy cover to keep him warm, also a blanket over the top, only ever used the crate for him to sleep in.

I would looooove to have the pups sleep on the bed all night... but at the moment Sansa is all legs and pushes me all over :laugh: plus they wake so early. AND theyre bed hogs! Infact Im about to make them go pee and they'll automatically go straight to their crates and wait :thumbsup:

Rustys-newspaper (he marks in his crate)

everyone else- either a bed or a big blanket

no toys or anything....they are only locked in the crates if nobody is home (rare) otherwise they just chill in them whenever they choose.

I will add that all but of my my crates is a plastic airline crate, so no covers. the one wire crate is not covered, its wire because its Gems and she freaks out in enclosed spaces.

Edited by cali

Hansel likes to arrange his crate to his liking. He currently has three blankets (a small fleece, and 2 big fake minks) that he moves around, a soft tug toy and a tennis ball. He just brought his two favourite soft toys out but he often takes them to bed. There's also a small fleece over the top of it.

There's one of my old pillows and three different soft toys that he either plays with or uses to rest his head on. I can't use blankets since Ollie chews on them. I've also got a small metal bowl that hangs on the side of the crate for water, I think its usually used as a bird feeder or something but it's so handy!

Lots of towels, she tried to eat her mattress. And about 3, possibly more carefully stored (hoarded) bull chews, for Willow.

Dory has loads of blankies, she doesn't chew. No toys, she kills. And no treats, because she's a guts. LOL

Dory sleeps with me. Willow crated, because she's too big, too wiggly and wants to play at inappropriate times during the night. Maybe when she's less of a puppy.

Lots of towels, she tried to eat her mattress. And about 3, possibly more carefully stored (hoarded) bull chews, for Willow.

Dory has loads of blankies, she doesn't chew. No toys, she kills. And no treats, because she's a guts. LOL

Dory sleeps with me. Willow crated, because she's too big, too wiggly and wants to play at inappropriate times during the night. Maybe when she's less of a puppy.

post-19844-0-66191300-1380601194_thumb.jpg

To make it comfy for the monger dog, his 48" crate contains-

Waterproof bottom mat

Thick foam crate mat with fleece cover

Dishlicker crate mat

Crate bumper mat

On top of that, he also has a vetbed crate mat (from Great Rugs) for winter and if he has to be in there for any length of time, I put in a blanket for him to scratch around.

Up the back, he has his teddy and the cushion from his first ever bed. For toys, the chipmunk thing, the sqirrel thing and a Rogz rubber bone. He also has a piece of deer antler and a pig's ear.

We actually downsized a lot on the toys. Back when he had his soft crate (which was a bit bigger), there were piles of toys in there. We ended up buying him a doggy toy box (like a kid's toy box but shaped like a bone) and moved most of his junk to that so that he'd have more room to stretch out.

The crate really only gets used once or twice a week, the rest of the time, he sleeps in our bedroom on one of his beds.

Edited for oh-god-bad typo

Edited by Maddy

Welllllll I have a few.

The big dogs have one in their dog run, its plastic, big and has a 4 inch foam matress and a few polar fleece blankets and a minky blanket.

The puppy crate in the dog run has some vet bed, a blanket, a heat disk - if it isn't pulled outside - and whatever various toys and treats he has stored in there for later.

In the house - the big dogs have a cot mattress with a fleecy sheet, an Andisa Minky blanket a cat or two and some toys. They sleep on the lounge mostly.

Baby dog has a puppy pen with a polar fleece squishy bed and his Andisa Minky blanket plus treats and a toy.

At the kennels - the big dogs have a soft crate with a foam matress a polar fleece blanket and an assortment of toys Lewis has swiped off the shelves when he takes himself shopping. I think he has 6 or 8 in there at the moment.

Baby dog has a soft crate with vet bed a folded quilt (cut down from a big one) a beef chewy, a few dry bikkies and some toys a duck and a ball I think.

In the car - they have a big wire one with a divider, little dog goes in one side, big dogs ahve the other. That has a faux wool nice squishy crate matress and some vet bed. I think Wilson's side may have a bit of pig ear left in there but not sure.

And yes I still have spare crates......................................

Edited by OSoSwift

My two sleep in wire crates, they just have a bed for the bottom and some blankets (and a water bowl) - this is the usual sight:

9E5EFEB4-77D0-45CD-A246-1DBFE8C6BE79-2422-000003375D136B11_zps15fda133.jpg

B9744507-9D41-492D-861F-EEE1ACB39AF5-2422-00000336EA66648C_zps05108023.jpg

D8D4F671-2E84-49AC-BB62-7E03F6C57DEE-2422-00000338219D26BD_zpsb5eae303.jpg

Sometimes we have to poke the blanket lump to check if there is adog in there :laugh:

Edited by pie