Random Places You Find Your Dogs Toys

moosepup

I started cataloguing all the places I was finding Nacho's toys after the "crocodile at the swimming hole" incident. He's one special dog! :D Where do you find your dogs toys?

Here's some more memorable finds... "Bitey" in the dog bowl, cow on the crate, squirrel on the pillow and sheep in the pantry. :laugh:

NachoToys_zps7d0e0dcc.jpg

Weirdest place, on the roof of my car clinging to the antennae.

I had been visiting a friend, her dog likes to drop toys off their second storey balconey. I drove all the way home not knowing she had dropped one on my car, it was about 16 kms. Next morning I noticed it there still on the roof. It was a toy I had given her too, :laugh:

Kongs in the garden because he rolls them off the balcony and stares dejectedly at them. Greenies in my bed which is sort of ok but finding a bone in the washing basket was disgusting. He doesn't do toys so they pretty much end up where I throw them.

Doof tends to hang beside hubby while he is doing work around home and wait for him to put whatever tool he is using down, then grab the tool and hide it and put his toy where the tool was. He waits patiently until hubby reaches for where he thought the tool was, then hubby grabs the toy and then throws it across the yard in frustration :laugh:

One day after Willow showed interest in tennis balls, I went into the yard and thought, "Where did all the tennis balls go?"

We had LOADS of them, next door has a tennis court and despite super, huge fence we end up with so many it's like we get overnight tennis ball showers.

Anyway, sitting on the veranda a few days later the problem was solved. Miss Dory who as a rule shows little to no desire for balls had been hoarding and burying them under the old water tank. I assume to spoil upstarts fun. (And she's a resource guarding PITA)

0381A7D3-3478-47F5-ADC9-4DF71D4EFBAC-3897-0000092B66AFA22B_zpse9fa14ff.jpg

At my last house I would find stuffed toys in the bottlebrush tree in the backyard, Maddie loves to throw them in the air and catch them but sometimes they didn't come back down. My two like to hang on to their toys, they have heaps of them but if one looks like taking one off the other then you must guard your toy.

post-38965-0-40076700-1384291073_thumb.jpg

post-38965-0-59815400-1384291094_thumb.jpg

Edited by stans mum

Under someones bum :laugh:

Had a couple visit to see my kittens & when the man stood up there was a rubber toy bone.

He had been sat on it the whole time & neither moved it nor said a word :confused:

Maybe he liked it. I mean wouldn't you go oh whats that when you sat down ?

Lili is constantly losing her tennis balls, I find them under the fridge, in the bed, under furniture in every room, she also hides them which entails digging a tiny ball shaped hole and putting them in, reeeeally hard to find Lili *rolleyes* :laugh:

She also has "Sharky" a stuffed toy she sleeps with and we find him all over the place.

I often find balls and toys in trees too.

My bed is the toy magnet whether they are shop bought, empty toilet rolls or nature's own - sticks. I often have to check before I get into bed at night so I don't impale myself on something. Generally Tempeh is quite sneaky with the sticks - except for the 7 foot tree branch that she couldn't get up the stairs one day.

They are inevitably left right where dh is going to stand in the dark on his way to work. Most mornings I hear a trip, then swearing and a bang as he steps on a toy and grabs the wall for balance just beside the light switch. Really good mornings involve a squeaky toy.

Not where our dog left the toy, but where the toy hid itself at work.

We recently closed our Keilor Park store (pet supplies,) and during the removals, hubbie happened to be in the ceiling space of the upstairs office. Most puzzled to find a brand new Loopies Duck in the roof space!

Complete with its tag and in perfect condition. It must have been there for at least a year and was two storeys up!

Sags

:)

Guest hankodie

Hank's ultimate favourite "toys" are usually socks and undies, so if I leave the door to one of the wardrobes open it's almost a guarantee that I'll find socks & undies all over the living room floor and the rest of the house. He doesn't even steal them to chew on them either! He will just pluck a fresh pair of socks or undies out of the basket, walk around and drop it where he sees fit and repeat. Now whenever people come over I have to do a quick dash around the house to make sure nothing embarrassing is lying around

Our place often looks like a doctors waiting room on a saturday :laugh: toys all over the place.

Fern is a shocking theif and can reach most places. My Mum was staying with us and left some breakfast things on the bench. I was greeted with baby spinach down the hallway leading to my room, on the bed was chook and duck eggs (some whole, some eaten) a tea bag and more baby spinach scattered over the bed :eek:

Ferns crate is always full of random things.

Bella my Kelpie is not into toys, though recently herded one of our chooks up three stairs, along the deck and into the house. I had a mirror leaning on the wall and the funny bird was admiring herself in it :laugh:

Billy is always hiding his toys from Fern.

They drive me nuts at times though we laugh a lot in this house!