Pug Breeder Info Please

Sandra777

The boss is wanting to buy a Pug - could people give me some recommendations for breeders please.

Have bombarded him with the health testing message so now want to be able to back it up with some actual help :laugh:

They have had a Pug before and currently have 2 French Bulldogs (one 4 or 5, the other 1 year old) - both Frenchies are bitches (spayed)

They want a fawn and would prefer a bitch.

No hassles with random breeding, this is definitely not on the cards.

They would look outside the Brisbane area and while they wouldn't be interested in a rescue "oldie" they might consider a younger rescue.

Problem as far as rescues go - they definitely want a purebred (he has no time for people who "wreck breeds" - his words!)

PM is fine.

Thanks!

Oh is he a sucker for punishment, sandra Lol. Mad dogs. I would say wreckit or fliss off the top of my head. They seem to know who has upcoming litters and are very helpful

Yes, talk to Fliss, in the very very very immediate sense :p

If they have two female Frenchies that get on well together they must be doing something right! Frenchies are full on! I'm not so brave and would probably add a male desexed Pug to that pair rather than a female, but if they can handle it, they should go for it!

Fliss has been invited to judge the Pug National show in Canada, I think that it is soon, so be patient if they don't get an immediate reply.

If they have two female Frenchies that get on well together they must be doing something right! Frenchies are full on! I'm not so brave and would probably add a male desexed Pug to that pair rather than a female, but if they can handle it, they should go for it!

Fliss has been invited to judge the Pug National show in Canada, I think that it is soon, so be patient if they don't get an immediate reply.

That's not for another 6 months :)

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I'll pass them on. Personally I think they should look for a dog pup but figure it's up to the Pug breeder to assess the situation and do what's best for the family and the pup.

Yes agree.

I usually advise people to talk to the pug club and ask when and where the pug club shows are on. Then they can trot along to a show, speak to a number of breeders in one day, and get a broad variety of advice on the pug and it's needs.

Edited by ~Anne~

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I'll pass them on. Personally I think they should look for a dog pup but figure it's up to the Pug breeder to assess the situation and do what's best for the family and the pup.

I went to Fliss initially with the thought of getting a girl, and in no time she had me convinced a boy was the way to go - and I have no regrets (I already had a girl, so I have one of each). She has the most cuddly boys, and they won me over instantly :laugh: