My Dog's A Dope Because....

hankdog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My previous GSD LOVED splashing. Any kind. We took her to the beach once. She ran straight in, swam to where the waves were breaking to "catch" them. The wave would crash down and the next time you saw her would be her bum and tail going over as the waves hit the sand. Up pops her head and straight back out again. Took quite a bit to get her out. Poor girl threw up sea water for so long.

I always ended up having to go in after her near water. It a wonder I bothered wearing jeans at all!

Where to start...

Our boy rolling around on his back making the funniest growly noises.

The zoomies our girl does in the back yard which include jumping over our amstaff boy, the clam pool, their huge water bucket or anything else in her way.

The two of them when they get ice cubes, especially Dozer when he proudly prances away with his prize ice cube and it melts and falls out of his mouth and then he just looks puzzled.

And the two of them racing around going nuts looking for the dog whining from the tv ad for haunted.

Angie has done a new thing today :laugh:

On the phone in the kitchen & had some already cooked pork defrosting in the microwave.

The microwave went ding & in waltzed Angie. Literally. On her hind legs, scenting the air with her nose upwards, doing pirouettes around & around like the poodles in the old circus days wearing their tutus.

Had to give her a piece for that performance when I had stopped laughing.

The big racing greyhound next door, Harry, is a dope.

He was a Qld Sprint Champion & represented Qld at national level. The commentators praised his macho aggressiveness to beat the other greys. But, when our little tibbie girl goes to the fence & gives one bark at him, he hides behind his dad's legs. 'Please, dad, save me!'

Guest donatella

One of mine makes a bee line for my ears when I lie down! I don't know what is tasty about my ear canals but if I'm not quick enough she's straight in these tongue and all!

My dogs a dope because he regularly rolls around on his back while barking at nothing.

Mine does this too. She's speshal

Must be an Aussie thing lol

Not an Aussie thing exclusively, I have a Golden and a Mini Foxy who both do this.

My dog is a dope because she goes out the doggie door at night, and then barks at the front door to get let back in. How many times do I have to walk her around to the doggie door before she gets it?

:laugh: how odd & annoying I imagine but it is funny.

One of mine makes a bee line for my ears when I lie down! I don't know what is tasty about my ear canals but if I'm not quick enough she's straight in these tongue and all!

I wonder if this is a pom thing? Our little pom (RIP) used to LOVE ears - anyone's ears who would sit still long enough for her to clean - the other dogs, people, the cats...

Jakes a dope....because he sniffs your eyes. He wakes me up by putting his whole flappy snozzle in my eye socket, bulldogs have very soft flappy bits so it's not that bad. He tried this with my sister when she was staying over, jumped on her bed and gently placed his nose in her eye socket, I was following him with tea for her and nearly died laughing, she was rigid with fear and managed to squeak out a muffled "what's he doing?"

I don't often get dopey behaviour from Sarah but on the weekend she proved she can be just as dumb as the rest when she body slammed Collie at the park.

OH threw the ball for Collie but held him back until it landed. Sarah came the conclusion a long time ago that balls are for running around rather than picking up, so she was on her way back from the ball when Collie was running towards it. She then decided to run towards Collie and collide straight into him producing a rather loud thump that we heard about 30 metres away.

Both dogs were unaffected and continued on as usual but you can't help but stop and think..... Why!

Jakes a dope....because he sniffs your eyes. He wakes me up by putting his whole flappy snozzle in my eye socket, bulldogs have very soft flappy bits so it's not that bad. He tried this with my sister when she was staying over, jumped on her bed and gently placed his nose in her eye socket, I was following him with tea for her and nearly died laughing, she was rigid with fear and managed to squeak out a muffled "what's he doing?"

:coffeesplurk::confused: They're so weird sometimes :laugh:

Reggie is a dope:

He likes to check if you're watching before he does silly things, the bigger the audience the more

He swims in grass, on his side. He uses HUGE areas and particularly likes to 'swim' into/ over people's feet.....

he performs!

To roll, he doesn't get down gracefully, he throws himself at a ground. Sometimes from a gallop :eek:

He thinks sprinklers contain acid rain. He flinches and jumps a foot if a drop hits him.

He likes to be picked up and carried. (He is a 21.5kg, 58.5cm at the shoulder Kelpie :laugh: )

One of his nicknames is 'donut dog' he likes to curl up in a ball and use his butt as a pillow.

He is a big sook, when I'm cutting his nails he has to turn his head, he can't watch. Lol

He is a big goofball by nature, its part of his charm. He can look so regal, and so retarded all in the same breath!

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

This one involves my partners dog. While Jonah was snuggled up in his crate on the patio during this afternoons big storm Askari was running around in the rain. He was soaked when I got home, then gave me and the house a shower when I let them in.

He also has a "dumbass"nickname :)