Pregnant Bitch Bitten By Snake

SLF

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirislin, her name is Reba.

Long story but the short version is; many years ago I had a accident that nearly took my life. During my recovery I dreamt over and over of Reba McIntyre the country singer (I was not a fan of hers at the time). After my long recovery I wanted a dog with red hair that I could name Reba, as a symbol of how this re-occurring dream helped me through such a hard time in my life. It wasn't until about 10yrs later that I finally met a little feisty red pup. She couldn't be called anything else, she had to be Reba.

When mine were whelping I used to boil up some stewing steak - just lightly cooking it - but found if the bitch did not want to eat they would drink the juice from the meat. I always added plenty of water when boiling. After they had finished whelping it was one of the only things they would eat for a few days.

Hope by now there is some puppies and all well.

We have puppies :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After a very slow start we have................

2:20pm a girl very sluggish and took a lot to get going. Not very mobile, but once I put her on the teat she has stayed there nearly the whole time, so at least (I hope) she has had a good drink.

3:40 a male.

3:50 another male. Both very active and doing great. The second male was breech and both boys are quite big.

5:10 another girl. Small and breech. Also slow to get going. Took a bit of stimulation to get a response from her, but I think she will be ok.

Reba doing a great job, VERY protective so now time to step back and leave her to settle.

Will wait and assess the pups tomorrow and so forth.

I cant believe how lucky we have been with Reba and these pups. Who would have thought. Im sure there is a lesson to be learned from this journey.

Thankyou to everyone for your support I will post photos when she lets me.

Edited by SLF

I think I jumped the gun.................. :eek: :eek:

we have ANOTHER LIVE PUPPY......number 5 another male. She still isn't 100% settled so hopefully there aren't too many more surprises