2014 Brags Thread

There are only 2 Grand Obedience Champions in WA, I have one of them, but today I got to the take the other one into UD. Thank you Bedazzled for trusting me enough to take Brookie into the ring. Needless to say it was a lot of fun and bless his cotton socks he coped really well with everything I threw at him.

and we passed and won the ring. champagne.gif

If ever I was going to change breed - I think an Aussie would be top of the list. tongue.gif

well done :)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup: well done the new Team Brooklyn .

Another title brag for my lil big man after a lovely weekend at Ulverstone in NW Tasmania. Double Rally yesterday and Rally this morning and obedience this afternoon. Mr Rory finished the 3 double Qs he needed to get his RAE3 in fine style. all 6scores in the 90s, with 99 and 98 the highlights. 5 first places and one second (beaten on time) :laugh: .

After all that, he managed some nice work in UD .. only 3 zeroes ..second DJ .. lovely sendaway .. started to go out to the bar jump, then baled and came inside it. I have to proof him against the presence of other dogs in the direction he's supposed to be jumping. Lost the plot completely on the second SD article ..forgot what he was doing when he got distracted by a smelly patch of grass. And then I messed up DR .. underturned for 1, and sent him in the direction of the steward standing next to the spare high jump boards which were just outside the ring between me and the glove .. something else to proof :laugh: . I was particularly pleased, as he wasn't fazed by the fact that the ring contained the Rally ring that I'd done 2 walkthroughs and 4 runs in only a couple of hours before.. and the main walkway where all the Rally competitors had been. Not ideal, but unavoidable because the club only has a confined area available.

She who does not 'do' obedience, had a 'don't wanna don't hafta' day yesterday .. one pass from 4 .. but this morning the feral Kirra got another leg towards RAE 2, with quite nice scores... only 7 legs to go :rofl:

Great work Tassie - your lil big man is really clocking up the rally passes in a big way - well done.

As for the old girl, they all have don't hafta days, that's what makes the OMG she did it day, extra special.

Way to go Ptolomy and Brookie! Pretty amazing to achieve that with someone else's dog.

And great Results, Tassie. It's lovely when you can find so many positives in a performance.

Very proud of my young Cardigan Corgi, Zimri, this weekend, at the ACT State Obedience. Yesterday he managed a qualie in his first attempt at Rally Advanced, and came third, despite a failure in his heeling in CCD. Today he managed his first CCD pass, with some lovely work and second place, and another RA Pass, with third place (mainly let down by a brain fritz from his handler! :) )

Way to go Ptolomy and Brookie! Pretty amazing to achieve that with someone else's dog.

And great Results, Tassie. It's lovely when you can find so many positives in a performance.

Very proud of my young Cardigan Corgi, Zimri, this weekend, at the ACT State Obedience. Yesterday he managed a qualie in his first attempt at Rally Advanced, and came third, despite a failure in his heeling in CCD. Today he managed his first CCD pass, with some lovely work and second place, and another RA Pass, with third place (mainly let down by a brain fritz from his handler! :) )

Hey I am a bit slow sometimes and have finally put 2 and 2 together - I have just seen this on Oz Obedience - well done CC on both your rally results and your first pass in CCD. champagne.gifand the State Champs is a great place to do well. Good luck in your next 2 passes.

We have all suffered from bad handling days.

Just back home from Port Pirie Obedience trial. Thanks to Gina for a great weekend and Duncan as well had an absolute ball. It was a double obedience trial on the saturday and one trial on the sunday. Had Gabby, Inka and my part time border collie Islay

Gabby was in UDX, UD and Open in the first trial. Didnt go into the box again and won both Open and UD. Inka handled by Gina passed and my little part time girl Islay in CCD won the class with 98 points. Islay is scared of her own shadow so too work like she did I am so rapped with her. The afternoon was a tad quieter Gabby had UD and Open and she won both classes again and Inka passed open. Little Islay was only in the morning trial only. Sunday morning got a pass in UDX Woohoo but we missed a drop position and went off and did a seekback oops so only got 172 though so hopefully we are on a roll. Won open but we stuffed up articles and Inka stuffed the retrieve over hurdle. Conditions were really bad with long grass and mud everywhere.

Teeny tiny little brag but one I'm shouting from the roof top... Mr Scottie is moving up from basic to intermediate at his casual obedience class :)

He was so fantastically behaved in class on Sunday. I'm SOOOOOOOO proud.

Teeny tiny little brag but one I'm shouting from the roof top... Mr Scottie is moving up from basic to intermediate at his casual obedience class :)

:thumbsup: Teeny tiny litle brags are often much more important on our training journey with the dogs. Your Scottie man will know how thrilled you are with him - and that will help build a lovely training relationship with you. :)

I'm with tassie - tiny brags are terrific - so well done and keep them coming

The latest additions to our herding career.... Hamish got his PT the other week and Kenzie got her HT!! I ahve herding dogs!!! Can't wait to get Hamish in to Started but that's probably a little while off.

Oh and my other brag.. Miss Kenzie doe snot like being left in my office at work without her mum! Today she managed to stay in her penned off area while I was out of the office for close on around 3 hours at least all up and apparently there was no real whinging or impatience about "when will mum be back"!! For my little girl that's a big improvement!!

I agree, it's lovely to see brags at all levels; from those just starting on their training journey, like ScottsMum, to those to inspire, like Xena and Gabby!

Great work Pretty Miss Emma; I also wish I had easier access to herding. My young guy seems to show some promise (and it's not just me saying that!) and my new pup comes from herding titled parents, but there's not much locally, and too much else to do!

well I have another brag too yesterday we had our obedience trial and we cracked another pass in UDX with a score of 189 we only need one more pass for Grand Champion woohoo Also had a win in open with 197 and had a good score of 191 till we ate the food plus the fingers with it arghh Inka was naughty she lay down in the sit stay including about half of the other dogs as well lol

Hopefully next week we will get our last pass

I agree, it's lovely to see brags at all levels; from those just starting on their training journey, like ScottsMum, to those to inspire, like Xena and Gabby!

Great work Pretty Miss Emma; I also wish I had easier access to herding. My young guy seems to show some promise (and it's not just me saying that!) and my new pup comes from herding titled parents, but there's not much locally, and too much else to do!

Thanks for that Cleo's Corgwyn

well I have another brag too yesterday we had our obedience trial and we cracked another pass in UDX with a score of 189 we only need one more pass for Grand Champion woohoo Also had a win in open with 197 and had a good score of 191 till we ate the food plus the fingers with it arghh Inka was naughty she lay down in the sit stay including about half of the other dogs as well lol

Hopefully next week we will get our last pass

Yay!!!! Good job xena98 ....very close now. :-) poor Inka ... hate that sit stay (my phone wanted to call it s*it stay LOL.)

Lol Tassie

My friend is doing her in open while she is waiting for her dog to be trained in open. It's so funny watching them two Inka had been retired from obedience for about three years cause of those blasted sit stays and she has done them at every trial. One thing she had been doing is not doing the drop on recall she has sorted that out but her heelwork well what can I say about that she did try and go into the other ring to get the seekback but than remembered what she was doing and came back into heelwork. They do part company every so often but when she remembers she heels lovely lol