2014 Brags Thread

I wasn't sure where to or whether to post this, but over the years we have shared a few happy moments with others in this thread. So here tis.........

(Scoota) O GR Ch Ptolomy Choc Chip RAE ADM JDM ADO JDO SPDMGDX SDX HWM (N) champagne.gif

Its time to hang up Scoota's trialling lead, and call it a day, but beforeI do we will have one last dance in the obedience and rally ring next weekend.

I have been lucky enough to have some very special dogs inmy life. Scoota is my pride andjoy, my little home bred champion, whohas travelled around Australia, showing what a positive trained dog can achieve.

As a team, we have had some wonderful moments and some OMGwhere did that come from days, which have made me a better trainer. It has taken a while, but I have finally realised he has trained mewell, he stamps his feet at the gate and I run to let him in, he barks at me –Ilook at my watch and realize its dinner time, he sits by my chair each morningand on cue, I share my breakfast with him and when I call the dogs to come inat night and realize he can't hear me, I go out and find him.

Thanks to everybody who has helped us along the way, wecouldn't have done it without you. Aspecial mention to Deb Nook, Brookie his travelling mate and to Alex hisstrategic pairs partner.

So raising my glass to you Moo – thanks for the mostenjoyable ride a mum could ever have, I know you will enjoy next weekend asmuch as I will and happy retirement. Ilove my old boy.

cheer.gif

Edited by Ptolomy

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy retirement, Scoota, you clever boy and master trainer of your hooman . :laugh: Definitely one of the legends of the Australian obedience world .. and a great role model team. Even the occasional bloopers have given comfort to us wannabes :D

I wasn't sure where to or whether to post this, but over the years we have shared a few happy moments with others in this thread. So here tis.........

(Scoota) O GR Ch Ptolomy Choc Chip RAE ADM JDM ADO JDO SPDMGDX SDX HWM (N) champagne.gif

Its time to hang up Scoota's trialling lead, and call it a day, but beforeI do we will have one last dance in the obedience and rally ring next weekend.

I have been lucky enough to have some very special dogs inmy life. Scoota is my pride andjoy, my little home bred champion, whohas travelled around Australia, showing what a positive trained dog can achieve.

As a team, we have had some wonderful moments and some OMGwhere did that come from days, which have made me a better trainer. It has taken a while, but I have finally realised he has trained mewell, he stamps his feet at the gate and I run to let him in, he barks at me –Ilook at my watch and realize its dinner time, he sits by my chair each morningand on cue, I share my breakfast with him and when I call the dogs to come inat night and realize he can't hear me, I go out and find him.

Thanks to everybody who has helped us along the way, wecouldn't have done it without you. Aspecial mention to Deb Nook, Brookie his travelling mate and to Alex hisstrategic pairs partner.

So raising my glass to you Moo – thanks for the mostenjoyable ride a mum could ever have, I know you will enjoy next weekend asmuch as I will and happy retirement. Ilove my old boy.

cheer.gif

Wonderful memories of lots of super work and fun times :)

Congratulations to you both and Happy Retirement to a lovely boy!

Waldo gained his 2nd CDX pass today in hot and windy conditions. 2nd in ring with a score of 183. We lost 10 for heeling as RAT & LAT appeared to have disappeared form his repertoire. rofl1.gif

:thumbsup::cheer: Nice one, Sue and Waldo. Funny how things can disappear :laugh:

1413703501[/url]' post='6581425']
1413696321[/url]' post='6581384']

Waldo gained his 2nd CDX pass today in hot and windy conditions. 2nd in ring with a score of 183. We lost 10 for heeling as RAT & LAT appeared to have disappeared form his repertoire. rofl1.gif

:thumbsup::cheer: Nice one, Sue and Waldo. Funny how things can disappear :laugh:

I've noticed this disappearing problem! Very odd!

Left home at 5:AM for a beautiful day & a wonderfully organised Obedience & Rally Obedience Trial in the Macedon Ranges. Such friendly people, great Judges GREAT BBQ including scrumptious egg brekkie rolls, my favourite veggie burgers & yummy cupcakes with the club logo etched into the icing This trial is held on a lovely venue.

My 16 month old Belgian Shepherd (Malinois), Nordenstamm Zara CCD RE attained her C.D./Novice title today with 195/200 & 2nd place. My 19 month old Standard Poodle "Daisy" also scored 195 in Novice for 3rd place.

This was 16 month old Belgian Malinois, ZARA'S 6th title!!

In Rally Obedience "Violet", almost 13 years got a double qual. in X B & Adv. B with scores of 98/100 & 93/100 & her Granddaughter, "Daisy" also got a double qual.

Poor "Daisy was working so well in her class UNTIL Malinois, "Zara", not content to be on the sidelines, chewed through 2 thick leather leads which were holding her crate door close then, opened sliding padlock on her crate & ran into the ring to crowd "Daisy" out of heel position, to "take over". "Daisy", was not phased but the incident which totally &

momentarily destroyed my concentration . I gave wrong directions to "Daisy", in the next 2 stations & incurred 2 re-trys. We passed with 87 but it was not anywhere close to our best.... Immediately Daisy was next in Ex. B. Class OMG all the noise.........The ring was right

next to a skate board ramp & we passed but for the 1st time in her 19 months "DAISY",

the formally unflappable, had a moment of Zara NOW loud banging, "not in MY contract", "don't

wanna don't havta work with this happening.............Anyway we passed with 88 Time for a Pinot Grigio ..................

post-39698-0-03848000-1414311311_thumb.jpg

Love hearing about your kids Canine Coach - well done with both the youngsters and the lovely Miss Violet. I love the oldies.

I had 3 kids entered last night and all three passed which surprised me.

Naughty Nina can now add CD after her name. Her dad Strauss won open and Nina's mum, Cider came 4th in open. biggrin.gif

Love hearing about your kids Canine Coach - well done with both the youngsters and the lovely Miss Violet. I love the oldies.

Naughty Nina can now add CD after her name. Her dad Strauss won open and Nina's mum, Cider came 4th in open. biggrin.gif

Congratulations to you too! Well done. A spectator commented that "too many dogs can not wait to LEAVE the ring" & that "I should be grateful my dogs pull me INTO the ring & escape to race directly to me IN the ring, .....sigh....

Congratulations to Naughty Nina, Strauss & Cider. How about I change my Malinois name to Zooming Zara?

Wow well done Linda! That is just incredible. ????But at the cost of 2 leather leads! Oh Zara!!! You need maximum security for Zara

Well done Ptolomy!

Thanks Sue What Zara needs is a full time job, 24 hours a day 7 days a week Instead of "you complete me" I tell her "you deplete me" LOL

Elsie had an awesome weekend at the NZ Dog agility champs! She qualified for both the Jumpers B and Novice finals and scored herself a few ribbons!

10428695_10204373148062488_992574071558298611_n.jpg?oh=3a409925c90ab9cc2baa7885a9c83233&oe=54E59478

Novice 2 class she placed 1st out of 74 medium height dogs

Novice 3 class she placed 3rd out of 70 medium height dogs

Novice Final event she placed 3rd out of 23 dogs on a time of 30.08 seconds (winning run was 29.64 seconds!)

Intermediate 3 class she placed 14th out of 82 medium height dogs

Jumpers B1 class she placed 3rd out of 47 medium height dogs

Jumpers B3 class she placed 3rd out of 50 medium height dogs

Jumpers B2 class she placed 5th out of 48 medium height dogs

Jumpers B final she had a refusal for missing a hurdle which was my fault, but a beautiful run otherwise!