No Pain....

Dame Aussie

Lili just turned around quickly to grab her toy and smashed her head against the door frame, the noise was sickening, she just picked up her toy and ran outside with it like a maniac?! I'd be still standing there holding my head.

Both my dogs do this, a lot, do they really feel no pain or are they just mental? :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Both my dogs were wrestling the other day, Odie was ontop of Hank and they were playing bitey face when all of a sudden she went to nibble on his leg, missed and chomped down on his doodle! :eek: and Hank just lied there and kept grinning like an idiot, I don't think he even noticed, wtf! :laugh: Even my SO recoiled in horror :rofl:

perhaps dogs have a different pain threshold than we do? Either that or Hank is just speshul

LMAO !!!!

Both my dogs were wrestling the other day, Odie was ontop of Hank and they were playing bitey face when all of a sudden she went to nibble on his leg, missed and chomped down on his doodle! :eek: and Hank just lied there and kept grinning like an idiot, I don't think he even noticed, wtf! :laugh: Even my SO recoiled in horror :rofl:

perhaps dogs have a different pain threshold than we do? Either that or Hank is just speshul

Stan has a nice scar on the side of his head where he tried to cut Maddie off at the pass doing zoomies in the yard at my old house and almost took out the beam holding my deck up, the whole deck shook :eek: Even after fracturing his skull last year he still whacks into to things! My vet said he is the most accident prone greyhound he has ever seen :o

our cocker spaniel is the complete opposite, he is the biggest sook and will even put it on for attention.

When we went camping at christmas the dogs were getting heaps of grass seeds in their paws, we even caught a few about to burrow their way into the skin so I can't imagine it was much fun having them pulled out but of course after the fact he starts limping around and looking sorry for himself, as soon as you get one of his toys out he has a miraculous recovery.

he's yelped when I've touched his nails with the clipper, before I even tried clipping them. This was the time I managed to convince my OH that he likes to put in on, before that he thought I was torturing the dog whenever I was grooming him.

to be fair though he's hit his head enough times and never seems to worry about that, must be a play time pain threshold :p

Stan has a nice scar on the side of his head where he tried to cut Maddie off at the pass doing zoomies in the yard at my old house and almost took out the beam holding my deck up, the whole deck shook :eek: Even after fracturing his skull last year he still whacks into to things! My vet said he is the most accident prone greyhound he has ever seen :o

I thought of Stan straight away when I saw the thread title.

Yes Aussie3 Bruno wacked his head on a brick wall last night when my OH got home. Bruno was excited, spun around quickly and wump! The wall just jumped out and hit him, yet again. I always cringe at that watermelon-hitting-a-brick-wall sound. :eek: Of course, he was fine and happy and didn't even seem to notice. I've never heard him yelp in pain, at anything.... O.o

Going by past experience, when he has clocked me under my chin/ run into me, I think it's safe to assume that my dog's skull is made of thick, reinforced concrete. Maybe Lili's is too?

:coffeesplurk:

Yes Aussie3 Bruno wacked his head on a brick wall last night when my OH got home. Bruno was excited, spun around quickly and wump! The wall just jumped out and hit him, yet again. I always cringe at that watermelon-hitting-a-brick-wall sound. :eek: Of course, he was fine and happy and didn't even seem to notice. I've never heard him yelp in pain, at anything.... O.o

Going by past experience, when he has clocked me under my chin/ run into me, I think it's safe to assume that my dog's skull is made of thick, reinforced concrete. Maybe Lili's is too?

:laugh: I reckon! She jumped up and whacked me on the nose with her boofhead once and gave me a nosebleed!

:laugh: I reckon! She jumped up and whacked me on the nose with her boofhead once and gave me a nosebleed!

Yep. Concrete I tell you! :laugh:

My old sbt boy ran to something at the back fence at speed and didn't quite clear the low retaining wall. I ran out expecting a broken doodle. It slowed him to a stagger and he was piddling in all directions but remained intent on what was going on over the other side of the fence. Doodle not permanently damaged. Doodle clearly as hard as his head.

Hahahaha omg I just lost it over this!!!

My old sbt boy ran to something at the back fence at speed and didn't quite clear the low retaining wall. I ran out expecting a broken doodle. It slowed him to a stagger and he was piddling in all directions but remained intent on what was going on over the other side of the fence. Doodle not permanently damaged. Doodle clearly as hard as his head.

eek1.gif OUCH!

Nova regularly bashes his head on stuff and doesn't seem to care, but get a prickle in his paw and the sook whines and presents his "hurty paw" for you to take it out laugh.gif

Bahasa hahaha. .. I'm literally still laughing.

Oh my goodness... There I was feeling bad about flicking my Aussie in the face with the end of my horse's lead rope (cotton) this morning. He didn't even blink! So I didn't feel too bad but still. Gee they're tough. Oh and last night he ran in front of me on our walk and I accidentally trod on his big boofa foot, he didn't even break stride.

The doodle breaker also used to like to back up to things to poo so it wasn't uncommon to find a poo hanging off a shrub. A couple of times he backed into the rose bush and got several thorns in his butt. I only noticed because his back end was all quivery and when I touched him to see what was wrong I could feel the backs of the thorns under his coat. He was hit with the speshul stick.