The Cone Of Shame

Guest hanko

Guest hankodie

There's nothing wrong with losing your nuts - or wearing pink PJ's... I'm sure Hank is doing just fine with regards to both... except when you laugh and point at his pink pants...

T.

guilty :o :o :laugh:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor hankie :)

I had a neck pillow lying around that I used on Collie when he was scratching too much. I had a big paper clip keeping it in place but he could still get it off if he was left alone. Made it a lot easier when we were home though, plus the neck pillow doubles as .... a neck pillow :p

15684821-3BD9-4870-86CF-E94A1992F3EF_zps8ktokkfq.jpg

Omg the pj pants are just too much :rofl:

Thanks for this thread, I'm going to get a cloud for my pup when he needs his done. I have a feeling that a cone wont go to well.

He still gets puppy tummy when he eats and has just discovered how fun licking himself is, so he barks at himself when he can't reach.

Awwwww poor Hank. I love the pink PJs, though :thumbsup:

I can thoroughly recommend the Comfy Cone. I got one for Luka before he was desexed and have just lent it to my sister for her guide dog puppy who has just been done. It is so much more comfortable than the hard plastic ones. It may be a bit late for Hank, although Luka's arrived the next day ( can't remember where I got it from though ) but I like having it just in case anyway, you never know when you might need one.

Here's a link

http://www.vetpharmacyonline.com.au/-comfy-cone-234/

Guest hankodie

P.s I've been meaning to say how much I love your new signature Hankodie! It is gorgeous... Did you make it?

Sorry for OT

Thanks Ali! Yup, it's just something I put together yesterday while procrastinating :laugh: I kind of like it though, I think I might make them into prints to put up in my office!

Poor hankie :)

I had a neck pillow lying around that I used on Collie when he was scratching too much. I had a big paper clip keeping it in place but he could still get it off if he was left alone. Made it a lot easier when we were home though, plus the neck pillow doubles as .... a neck pillow :p

15684821-3BD9-4870-86CF-E94A1992F3EF_zps8ktokkfq.jpg

Awwwww Collie! That's hilarious. I tried to find one after seeing your post but didn't have any luck. He's sleeping and still has his pants on so I'm leaving him for the moment :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Awwwww poor Hank. I love the pink PJs, though :thumbsup:

I can thoroughly recommend the Comfy Cone. I got one for Luka before he was desexed and have just lent it to my sister for her guide dog puppy who has just been done. It is so much more comfortable than the hard plastic ones. It may be a bit late for Hank, although Luka's arrived the next day ( can't remember where I got it from though ) but I like having it just in case anyway, you never know when you might need one.

Here's a link

http://www.vetpharmacyonline.com.au/-comfy-cone-234/

Thanks teekay! I've given up on the plastic cone.

Have gotten some great suggestions from this thread. I haven't had a chance to pick up anything yet but he's asleep at the moment with is pants on and I've got the AC running so he's pretty comfy. Might take him for a quick trip to the pet shop later on this arvo, HW also suggested some bitter stuff I can put around his nether regions which I might use tonight to keep him from fussing too much (and also so I can get some sleep!)

P.s I've been meaning to say how much I love your new signature Hankodie! It is gorgeous... Did you make it?

Sorry for OT

Thanks Ali! Yup, it's just something I put together yesterday while procrastinating :laugh: I kind of like it though, I think I might make them into prints to put up in my office!

You are too talented! It's gorgeous! You should definitely make some prints.

lol snap denali. That's exactly what I had to do last night - he kept getting up and pawing the cone off so I eventually took it off but he went right back to fussing over the incision wound again.

So finally I put some old PJ pants on him in the hopes that he'd settle and he did! Finally got some sleep :o

here he is wearing the pants of shame. Obviously going to look for a more permanent solution today but he prefers it much more over wearing the cone :o

Hahah love it!

Guest hankodie

Update: didn't need a cloud collar after all, turns out the pants are enough to stop him from fussing over his wound. I did switch the pink pants for a pair of SO's old boxer shorts though (worn backwards so he could fit his tail through the hole) :o :laugh: I won't post a photo because SO will most likely kill me :rofl:

Wound looks a little red today but can't see any inflammation, also there appears to be slight bruising near the area, is this normal? Keeping an eye on it anyway but just wanted to double check.

Edited by hankodie

The redness and bruising sound like normal post surgery stuff. I'm glad you've worked out away that is mutually agreeable to you and Hank to stop him licking the wound although I think we should have a photo of the new garmet so we can give our tick of approval. laugh.gif

Guest hankodie

Thanks Ams & Aussie :) gave him the last of his pain meds this morning but he seems to be more or less 100%, amazing how fast he recovered compared to Odie (who obviously underwent a more intense surgery because she's a female)

Here he is in his big boy pants.... Hank says : *I'm sexy and I know it :cool:* (excuse the horrible paint splotches... we are renovating the office and the floors still need to be carpeted)

post-44927-0-64649400-1392259335_thumb.jpg