Pooping Yet

Angus Red

Got my pup yesterday afternoon and he has not poop yet since. He got 2 meals already, normal? Still adjusting?

Yesterday lunch time the breeder gave him some deworming tabs and advocate drops at his back? Hope all is well...

Btw, currently we are feeding him dry food from the breeder as we have not bought any pet mince yet..

Id firstly ring the breeder and ask for advice, could be the pup is constipated? Is he peeing as usual? Most pups won't be able to hold on overnight, you need to take them out for a toilet break, how old is your pup?

8 weeks pup.. Peeing normal.. Breeder said could be nervous and anxious the pup is right now..

Breeder feeding him pet mince they say but i have not bought one yet, my plan is to give him pet mince for lunch once i got one..because they say they feed him pet mince and some supa coat kibbles.. He always wants to be cuddled, cried 2x last night and once cuddled goes back to sleep he is.. Hopefully is just in anxiety mode and misses his mom..

What breed .. and did he have to fly to you, or did you collect him from nearby?

Is he drinking ok?

Did the breeder give you a diet sheet ... ?

Hes a staffy.. We just drove for an hour.. Hes drinking ok.. Hes peeing ok actually when we picked him up from the breeders home he was peeing all over the place ..

Today hes on a lazy mode and keep on sleeping maybe because he did not sleep well last night like us...

Just verbal on diet sheet.. They say they are on pet mince and some supa coat nibble available all the time they say..

Edited by Angus Red

Take him out into the yard and play with him for a little while... see if he prefers to find a spot and go there...

T.

Hes out in our patio at the moment with my daughter .. Keep on snoozing..

Its raining currently so its really not good idea to let him play outside the yard..

Edited by Angus Red

When he wakes up can you put him on grass to see if that makes him more inclined to do something?

I've had foster pups who wouldn't poop on any surface but grass... strange, but true...

T.

Its raining at the moment.. Just dont want him to be sick.. If he doesnt poop before lunch time i might bring him to a vet.. Hope all is well

When he wakes up can you put him on grass to see if that makes him more inclined to do something?

I've had foster pups who wouldn't poop on any surface but grass... strange, but true...

T.

Its raining at the moment.. Just dont want him to be sick.. If he doesnt poop before lunch time i might bring him to a vet.. Hope all is well

He could get wet and not get sick. You would just dry him off & make him cosy.

Sometimes, new puppies take a while to adjust. :crossfingers:

Hugs to you all & Welcome

ETA: That might be the most welcome poop reported for a while :thumbsup:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Why would he get sick if he got wet? He's going to have to get used to rain and going to the bathroom in it, it's a fact of life!

Tad OT, friends had a Great Dane that did not 'do' rain.

Never ever seen anything as hilarious as the human Daddy stood outside in the freezing cold of Bathurst holding an umbrella over the dog.

:rofl:

the dog came to stay with me. Took 4 nights and he loved being outside in the rain. LOL