Amazing Photo Of Two Sheepdog Bitches Disagreeing !.

persephone

Love it! Based on that photo the Kelpie is totally owning that situation.

(I'm assuming they sorted it out and neither dog was hurt...)

ETA - and look at the sheep, "lets get outta here, nothing to do with us :eek: )

Edited by Simply Grand

Wow !!! they say girls are the worst together. Great action pic :thumbsup: Look at the shoulders on that Kelpie bitch. Lovely shiny coat. She is one well built girl. Hope they sorted there issues without anyone getting seriously hurt. The sheep were out of there... :D

I'm thinking by the stance on both dogs that it may have been one of those lots of slobber and noise fights that are over in a cery short amount of time...

I've seen serious fights - and this really looks more of a "rack off" and "ok, I'm going" situations - the Koolie looks as if she's actually backing down there...

T.

Great photo.

Staffyluv, I think they are perhaps swearing at each other, and squabbling rather than really fighting - I can see the black one saying "f&^*king b^%$ch, you got in my way there, I'll bite your f$^*ing head off in a minute" and the other one is giving a bit of cheek back.

Just how it looks to me. :)

It looks the same to me as well - I was just wondering, who thinks to pull out a camera and take a photo of fighting dogs?

My first reaction would be to say get out of it and then possibly try to break it up (if the get out of it didn't work) - I wouldn't think to pull out a camera to take a pic of it..

However thinking about it a bit more - perhaps the photographer was just there taking other pics and this just happened (like most of the best pics do)..

I think she was probably taking pics of the dogs working so camera already up.

Definitely 1 of those lots of noise and no damage disagreements by the looks of it. And if they are her dogs or she knows the dogs it could be that she knows it is just a telling off/sorting out and not likely to be harmful.

They may not have even been her dogs. Given she's holding a good quality camera and was likely holding it when the biffo started I'd say it's more likely someone else was working the dogs and she was simply taking a few photos when it happened. We also don't know what was happening outside of the photo, for all we know someone else may have been yelling at them to pack it in and heading over there and she got a pic moments before it was broken up...

It is a series of photos she has taken in the muster yard and loading of the sheep into a transport truck. The photographer was there just to take photos. There were farmers on hand to work the dogs and break up the fight. She does say on her FB page the fight was broken up quickly and neither b*tch was hurt.

I have seen working dogs get furious with one another before. When they are at " work" their adreniline is pumping. It doesn't take much at times to trigger an arguement. Usually it looks & sounds a lot worse than it actually is. Neither dog is injured. The farmers just whistle or go grab their dog if need be. I presummed that this photo resembled a similar senario, only difference being there was professional photographer there to catch the moment.

Edited by BC Crazy

I have seen working dogs get furious with one another before. When they are at " work" their adreniline is pumping. It doesn't take much at times to trigger an arguement. Usually it looks & sounds a lot worse than it actually is. Neither dog is injured. The farmers just whistle or go grab their dog if need be. I presummed that this photo resembled a similar senario, only difference being there was professional photographer there to catch the moment.

yes- there are many such incidents ..rarely any great damage :)

If I was already shooting and that happened, I would just keep shooting :)

My dogs get into little scraps every now and then - they don't even touch each other, it's all noise and sounds much worse than it actually is. Hell, I have photographed them play fighting before and it looks bad. All that bitey face :)

Edited by huga