Gawd, Prepare For Another Onslaught Of The 'teacup' Puppies...

kelpiecuddles

Not unlike PP selling pure Manx kittens with the "tail gene" :laugh:

Manx can have long tails. The gene is dominant but that doesn't guarantee inheritance.

Let's say you had two manx cats, each carries the recessive and the dominant (we'll call them T for no tail and t for tail). You can work out the litter this way:

T t

T t

=

TT Tt Tt tt

So, 25% of your litter could be carrying the t, meaning they'd have normal tails. The remaining 75% carry the dominant so should have shorter tails.

I understand how it works :) I was refering more to:

A) since they wont show any papers (against policy) and the parents aren't seen how do you know that a litter of tabby kittens all with tails are anything but tabby cats. Not to mention they didn't have the right body proportions for what Id expect.

B) They were telling people both parents had no tails. Not a tail and no tail and not a no tail and shorter tail. Just that two no tails produced totally healthy long tail kittens with no defects.

Manx as a breed are fascinating but sorry selling unpapered tabby kittens all with long tails is a bit steep.

Yes well you might expect one or two long tails but with an odds of 3/4 of the litter being manx it would be pretty unlikely for a whole larger litter to have tails.

Unlikely but certainly not impossible.

Not that it matters much either way. A pet shop near us sells moggie kittens for $600. A fool and his money are soon parted and all that.

Yep LOL I"m torn between trying to explain to her that his legs won't shrink or letting her work it out for herself, she still maintains they go through a 'leggy' stage :laugh: What's worse is she paid top dollar for these things as munchkins but when she brought them home at 8 weeks I could have told you they weren't, they looked just like they do now only smaller, their legs are so long they are almost anti-munchkins :D

Oh gawd, I know America is big with Mini Aussies. So stupidly I thought I would google something absurd like Mini Labrador.

Seriously, people are idiots.

I don't know why these things keep shocking me, especially after discovering the "flandoodle" the other day icon_smile_mad.gif

Oh gawd, I know America is big with Mini Aussies. So stupidly I thought I would google something absurd like Mini Labrador.

I don't know why these things keep shocking me, especially after discovering the "flandoodle" the other day icon_smile_mad.gif

Oh, I much prefer "Bouvipoo"! *sigh*

ETA - we had a staffy crossed with something smaller in the shelter not long ago, I so wanted to market her as a Teacup SBT and see how much we could get for her :p

(not seriously of course).

Edited by Simply Grand

I saw a post the other day on a local FB buy/swap/sell group - wanted miniature english staffy!!!

When told there was no such thing, we were all told that their friend has one - so I suggested they contact the same breeder that their friend got their pup off..

Yeah, it seems people are just getting stupider. The mini aussies look stupid too. Stupid!!!