Most Embarrassing Things Your Dogs Do

Queen Maeby

Have we done this before? I'm not sure but I thought it might be fun.

I'll start but I can't think of any funny/good ones at the moment. I'm sure they'll come to me as the thread goes on.

Grover liked to roll in other people's Agapanthus plants, out the front of their houses, while on a walk in summer. It was embarrassing because the people would be in their front gardens and they would say "What a lovely little dog!" and then he would roll away to his heart's content. I think he liked the coolness of the leaves.

Also, he humped two male Rottweilers (on two separate occasions) at the dog park. They were very well trained but not impressed.

That's all I can think of for now. What embarrassing things do your dogs do?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poppy likes to run up to random people squealing in joy. She then whips around so they can scratch her on the bum. The squealing is very, very loud. I have pretended that she is my friend's dog a couple of times! :o People ask what is wrong with her and I usually reply 'she just loves you'.

The performance when she actually knows the person has to be seen to be believed!

Lili is an extreme pooer, we walk her before breakfast and she will do at least 2 poos O-o

Mosley, however is a fecal eater, cats, possums, birds and his own, (if its poop he's having some), and a crotch hound, so he wins in the embarrassing stakes.

Edited by Dame Aussie

My girl is a crutch sniffer. She's tall so just the right height to really jam her nose up there. Sigh....

:laugh:

I would die.

I thought of something else...

Once in summer while we were out on a walk at night he got loose from his lead and he crashed someone's party. He went in the front door and out the back where everyone was in the pool. The people didn't mind and they gave him little hot dogs.

Edited by Queen Maeby

Quinn's favourite thing ever is to jump at people's faces and stick her tongue in their mouth :o She gets attention in public because Aussie Shepherds are still not very common and she is quite striking looking so people talk to her and if she's off leash and decides she loves you will go straight for the pash.

Maeby you just reminded me of another one, DOL Aussie Shepherd play date at an off lead shared area, Quinn ran straight into the middle of some people's picnic and stole a Danish. She stood proudly in the middle of their picnic rug eating it. Soooo embarrassing :o Luckily they saw the funny side.

Sascha's a dominance humper with her sister doggie :o . Thankfully she doesn't do it out in public but she does at home so if we have house guests it can be pretty embarrassing.

She got out of a brand new collar a bought her a while ago when we were at the local market. Ran gleefully in a massive circle around the market, straight back and sat in front of me LOL. I couldn't work out whether it was more embarrassing that she got off in the first place or all the people that stared as she skidded in for a perfect sit in front of me :laugh:

Rocky RIP, was a 'gooser'. He used to goose people...... Very hard to train out because he ALWAYS got a reaction :p bit hard not to react when a large dog (roughly) shoves his nose into someone's crutch or ass.....

Reggie has recently developed a new one. When he is somewhere else eg friends house, and he gets dinner/ a substantial treat etc. once he has finished and has licked up any possible crumbs, he PEES all over the area he has eaten in! :eek: soooo funny when the other dogs come round to check if anyone has left any crumbs etc :rofl:

Note: this only happens outside thank doG!

Maeby you just reminded me of another one, DOL Aussie Shepherd play date at an off lead shared area, Quinn ran straight into the middle of some people's picnic and stole a Danish. She stood proudly in the middle of their picnic rug eating it. Soooo embarrassing :o Luckily they saw the funny side.

Grover stole a focaccia from someone's backyard once.

My girl is a crutch sniffer. She's tall so just the right height to really jam her nose up there. Sigh....

My Dobe always did this too.

Simi and Arnold wait until I've just finished telling someone how awesome they are and how well behaved and then they'll jump up on them or some other naughty thing they don't often do.

When Lili was at puppy pre school she coughed up a liver treat into the middle of the circle we were sitting in and the border collie pup next to us launched out and snaffled it up haha she also did a big vom as she came out of a tunnel at agility once, she's a feral haha

Didi is a drooler. Like puddles on the floor drooler. We don't have people over often but if she sees food she gets fixated and just drools and it's so gross. She also get really excited when people want to pat her when we are out, she wags her tail so much that her back legs can't hold her up so she drops to the ground and shows her tummy to them while thrashing around madly. People either think it's cute or get concerned she is having some sort of fit :laugh:

When Lili was at puppy pre school she coughed up a liver treat into the middle of the circle we were sitting in and the border collie pup next to us launched out and snaffled it up haha she also did a big vom as she came out of a tunnel at agility once, she's a feral haha

Oh I have one about doggie school!

Grover was so stubborn that he lay flat on the floor throughout the entire term and he only got up at the end of each class when the instructor yelled "Free!" so he could play with the other dogs. They gave him a certificate anyway.

Oh I have one about doggie school!

Grover was so stubborn that he lay flat on the floor throughout the entire term and he only got up at the end of each class when the instructor yelled "Free!" so he could play with the other dogs. They gave him a certificate anyway.

At puppy school the instructor was using another puppy to demonstrate how to teach a command and was standing sort of close to us and when she went to reward the other puppy Didi's head shot out and nicked the other poor puppy's treat :o

Elsie rolls in all poop, except dog poop! I had to borrow a hose off some builders once to hose human baby poop off her (found a nappy in the bushes). Once she got so excited she pooped herself, in my friends car... This was at lure coursing.... Elsie cocks her leg to pee on stuff, and can pee higher than a lot of boy dogs her size - her technique is great!

At least she is cute ;)