"proper" Dog Friendly Retreat Type Accomodation In Victoria

osusoy

BC Crazy they also have a basic agility run and two other runs that are all fenced. All runs are double gated and there are toy bins in each run with drinking water.

Thank you for the complement about the dogs. I think that they are gorgeous as well. :D

Guest Clover

Another vote for Best Friends in Yarram. It is fantastic.

Grumpette was it your Zeph on the Rottie stand at the dog lovers show yesterday?

BC Crazy they also have a basic agility run and two other runs that are all fenced. All runs are double gated and there are toy bins in each run with drinking water.

Thank you for the complement about the dogs. I think that they are gorgeous as well. :D

I went their recently and while I loved the standard runs, the agility one is completely run down and unsafe - the little dog walk has rotted through.

To the OP - it is very dog friendly but not secluded. Dogs must be on leash unless in your cabin or in a fenced run (which is a good idea IMO).

That's a shame megan about the Agility equipment being unsafe etc.

I have been following this thread with great interest as I too am looking for dog friendly as my inlaws live in Mornington & have just moved into one of those retirement places but unfortunately it has a No Dogs policy so we are unable to stay there. I thought the mentioned place would be ideal but when looking at exactly where it is, it is located too far away. So will just keep looking.

Sorry OP not meaning to derail your thread at all :)

I have been following this thread with great interest as I too am looking for dog friendly as my inlaws live in Mornington & have just moved into one of those retirement places but unfortunately it has a No Dogs policy so we are unable to stay there. I thought the mentioned place would be ideal but when looking at exactly where it is, it is located too far away. So will just keep looking.

I've stayed in a couple of places belonging to this company. http://www.oceanbluecoastalretreats.com.au/ They have quite a few places that are dog friendly. Dogs are allowed inside but not on furniture, which is fine with me as I don't do dogs on furniture.

Have sent you a PM :)

I've stayed in a couple of places belonging to this company. http://www.oceanbluecoastalretreats.com.au/ They have quite a few places that are dog friendly. Dogs are allowed inside but not on furniture, which is fine with me as I don't do dogs on furniture.

Thanks for the 'heads up' JulesP. Gosh some of those places look just lovely :thumbsup: & within reasonable to the in-laws. I like the one in Rye, Shear water cottage, perfect !! Thanks again. Appreciate it :)

Thanks for the 'heads up' JulesP. Gosh some of those places look just lovely :thumbsup: & within reasonable to the in-laws. I like the one in Rye, Shear water cottage, perfect !! Thanks again. Appreciate it :)

I stayed in the Shellcroft, which is part of that group of cottages. It had a small courtyard but was well fenced. Walking distance to a great beach which is off lead in winter.

We have just has a lovely 5 day in noosa with our dogs. We rented a house I found on stayz. The house was lovely with good fencing and we could do just what we wanted with our dogs. Great holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

Best friends at Yarram loving place.

http://www.bestfriend.net.au/

That's the one I posted above is it good pirate?

Greyhound people I know have raved about it.

I've just sent them an email about details. They seem more dog friendly than places i've tried so far but need to find out whether they are allowed on the beds (site says they sleep inside but no mention of beds) and also the amount of seclusion. The site details suggests accomodation around a central communal area but maybe one of their cabins is further away. I'll post their response here when i get it.

oops, work got in the way, didn't get to go this time and forgot to update! they did get back to me and it does sound like doggie heaven! they have no further restrictions, only rule is dogs must sleep inside which is perfect! apparently the properties aren't that secluded as i was expecting but the deluxe cabins are a bit further out and have more space around them. will have to give it a shot next chance we get :) Thanks all.

Best friends at Yarram loving place.

http://www.bestfriend.net.au/

That's the one I posted above is it good pirate?

Greyhound people I know have raved about it.

I've just sent them an email about details. They seem more dog friendly than places i've tried so far but need to find out whether they are allowed on the beds (site says they sleep inside but no mention of beds) and also the amount of seclusion. The site details suggests accomodation around a central communal area but maybe one of their cabins is further away. I'll post their response here when i get it.

oops, work got in the way, didn't get to go this time and forgot to update! they did get back to me and it does sound like doggie heaven! they have no further restrictions, only rule is dogs must sleep inside which is perfect! apparently the properties aren't that secluded as i was expecting but the deluxe cabins are a bit further out and have more space around them. will have to give it a shot next chance we get :) Thanks all.

Best Friend won Best Dog Friendly Tourist resort in our awards on Saturday Night - they also made a great offer to everyone who attended too!