Introducing Mr Tobias (toby) :)

We have added a new Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to our family in The Love Shack :)

We certainly weren't looking for another one, its been far from our minds especially since Joey sadly left our lives last Sept.But out of the blue about a month ago, a friend of ours messaged me to say one of her co workers was looking to rehome her Cav to the right person/people and could I keep my eyes and ears open if I knew of anyone. Her friend was rehoming him as a last option and because of genuine circumstances.I contacted this lady, and it turned out she lives quite close to us, which I wasn't expecting. I told her (a couple weeks later) would it be ok to come and meet her and her Cav. I had a chat to hubby about it in the meantime and said lets just go look at him and check out his temperament at the least. I wasn't really serious at the time, and thought at least if i know what he's like, that will help me with finding someone to take him on.

As soon as Toby met us, he was super friendly and made friends with us straightaway. We know most Cavs are friendly but we did not expect him to take to us like he did.We went away, still not sure if to consider taking him on. I'm a great believer in fate and timing. We sent emails back and forth to his owner asking questions etc. We also didn't want to rush her, and we didn't want to rush into it either.We eventually made our decision we would take him provided how our other 2 took to him. Renae is almost 12 and has been feeling her age lately and does get quite stressed now, so we didn't want to put too much pressure on her as that wouldn't be fair.They all got on really well when they met, especially Miah. He's 4 so still quite playful.We have had him for a week now and he's settling in very well. He's still pining for his former owner from time to time, but thats to be expected, as she loved him heaps and this has been an extremely difficult thing for her to do. She's on fb so still gets to see lots of pics of him and is happy that he's settling in with us.Renae's been really good with him, thought she might have gotten grumpy with him at times, but so far so good. Miah's nose is a bit out of joint but she's really enjoying that he plays with her .There's a few minor things that need working on but his beautiful temperament makes up for everything.We still miss Joey a lot, he would have been 10 tomorrow, but we are very blessed to have both Toby and Miah come into our lives. Three is our limit.

We were given him and his former owner even made sure he had all his vaccinations up to date and was given a general health check before she brought him to us. He's desexed and microchipped ;)

.post-11918-0-26406500-1400368553_thumb.jpg

post-11918-0-60741500-1400368690_thumb.jpg

post-11918-0-28527400-1400368584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Aw!!!!! Aw!!!!! What a lovely LOVE story.

I am so happy for all of you.

He is a beautiful boy, for sure.

No need to say more photos will be much appreciated.

I had a very much loved poodle called Mr Tobias, aka Toby. Top name.

LOVE

:love:

:thumbsup:

Aw!!!!! Aw!!!!! What a lovely LOVE story.

I am so happy for all of you.

He is a beautiful boy, for sure.

No need to say more photos will be much appreciated.

I had a very much loved poodle called Mr Tobias, aka Toby. Top name.

LOVE

:love:

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much heart.gif x

Toby is just lovely :) I am glad Miah now has a playmate .... what great news for you all!

Thank you Pers. Its funny how when you not looking something like this happens. :)

Awe, sweet..

They are a very pretty dog..

Thank you Stafyluv, he's not as pretty in the way Joey and Renae have been, but his temperament is exceptional :)

Damn it! I'm having little tearies here :laugh: :laugh:

I was a mess also the day his owner brought him here and left. (I tried to disguise my emotions) Poor lady it was very hard for her. We bought her some beautiful flowers to take home with her. It was the day before Mother's Day.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs