Natures Gift Semi Moist Dry Biscuits

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

Can someone who knows about dog nutrition tell me if these are okay or just junk?

My dogs LOVE them and I think its because they're moist and chewy not hard biscuits.

I give them a handful in the morning as they wont eat good quality dry. They get VAN with kanga mince at night.

Nourish-product-range.png

Ingredients:

Fresh Australian Kangaroo Meat, Kangaroo & Beef Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Rice, Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Rosemary, Canola Oil, Glycerine, DHA Omega 3, Flaxseed, Prebiotics, Chia Seed, Green Tea Extract, Taurine, Yucca Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Colour, Mixed Tocopherols, Phosphoric Acid, Sea Salt, Vitamins & Minerals, Natural Antioxidants.

Typical Analysis:

Protein: 24%, Fat: 8%, Crude Fibre: 4%, Salt: 2%

Guest donatella

No wheat problem so that's good!! I feel bad feeding cheapie brand but they love it!!

Guest donatella

True that I guess! I pay $9.99 for the small bag and go through 1 a fortnight or there avoids

I have used the Natures Gift (tinned variety) a number of years ago on my aged male BC. He went very well on it & it was the only thing I could get him to eat towards the end of his days. I have never been a fan of canned food but this was my pick of them.

Guest donatella

I was feeding them the trays a lot but have put them back on VAN as one getting too fat!!

They would eat it like crack though the kanga one was a hit!

It's a shame no one around here seems to stock the dry food... Coles and Wollies have the treats, cans and trays.... The only place that seems to have the treat straps is the Reject Shop, of all places, and I found the dry at BigW a year or so ago, never to be seen again...

Not sure why they aren't more widely stocked as I really like their range of products as a back up (eg the canned food to make a batch of frozen kongs)

I use the product you are asking about but my dogs only get a few pieces each when they go to bed or if they manage to get into my pocket while I'm hanging the washing out.

As a rule I think Nature's Gift is more that just acceptable. I usually have a few tins on hand in case I forget to take meat out of the freezer or if one of the dogs is off their food. It is the only brand of tins I will use.

ETA. my mistake, this is not the product I have used, however, I still like the NG products I have tried and would not hesitate to use this one if I needed to.

Edited by Airedaler

I would stay clear of BH for cats.... There have been quite a number of cases of urinary track infections and crystal blockages after cats were switched to that food. And the company wasn't forthcoming at all when some owners tried to bring up the issue.

I have the tinned food in the kennels. Most dogs like it, it can tempt fussy eaters and isn't full of junk. It also smells good when opened.

I do wish they would make the large tins in a single protein source though.

I would stay clear of BH for cats.... There have been quite a number of cases of urinary track infections and crystal blockages after cats were switched to that food. And the company wasn't forthcoming at all when some owners tried to bring up the issue.

BH & NG dry cat food were identical. That is why I suggested it. A pet shop even showed me a order form for BH cat food were the food was called NG.

BH & NG dry cat food were identical. That is why I suggested it. A pet shop even showed me a order form for BH cat food were the food was called NG.

Not sure how that works as they are made by 2 different manufacturers.