Mooch City Is Miserable: Myrtie Very Sick

Funny story with photographic proof at the end. As you will probably gather from my DOL name, Danny is my "velcro" dog. I was sitting at the dining room table a couple of weeks ago and he was lying on the floor beside my chair. He is approximately 15 years of age and should have those old bones protected, so I went and got him a little soft bed.

The thing is, when I left the table, he followed me and Myrtie took her chance. She purloined the donut bed and Danny was just left standing there looking at me as though the world was coming to an end. So, his slave went and fetched another donut bed.

When we left the table again, Bunter took his chance, onto the donut bed and, again, poor Danny, being a lover not a fighter, stood there expecting me to come to his salvataion .... which of course he did.

Now this little charade went on through the day, until this is what we ended up with:

Myrtie5_zpsbc7aedf1.jpg

Myrtie6_zpscd4cde08.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Sir Snook. As you would know with all the fun things you do with Justice, in the course of even one day, there are so many almost rituals we go through with all our dogs ..... walking up, checking on where all the dogs and Gussy Cat are, making sure I haven't squashed Myrtie through the night, then the feeding arrangements, the paroxysms Myrtie used to carry of with getting ready for our walks, and the list goes on, all through the day. I miss her terribly.

I know that nothing I say can make it better. :(:hug:

The kindess of your words helps though.

Never underestimate this.

:heart:

Thank you VM. That is exactly right, but the words wouldn't come to me.

The messages posted here over the past week have meant more to me than I can say. The tears are here again as I type these words, but I know there will be a time when I remember and think of Myrtie with only smiles. But not yet. :cry::cry:

I know that nothing I say can make it better. :(:hug:

The kindess of your words helps though.

Never underestimate this.

:heart:

Thank you VM. That is exactly right, but the words wouldn't come to me.

The messages posted here over the past week have meant more to me than I can say. The tears are here again as I type these words, but I know there will be a time when I remember and think of Myrtie with only smiles. But not yet. :cry::cry:

I understand. It's the enormous hole left.... sighs.

HUGS xxxx

:cry: :cry: :heart: