Attempted Puppy Snatch

Sue & Waldo

Dog snatch warning after Sale incident

July 1, 2014, 8:30 a.m.A SALE woman is warning dog owners to stay safe after a man attempted to snatch her 12-week old Scotch Collie puppy from her arms on June 13.

See your ad hereThe incident occurred at around midday on the corner of Raymond and Stawell Sts in Sale.

Jemma Dyson said she was walking her new puppy Willow when an old white Commodore pulled up beside her and occupants started asking questions about her dog.

"As soon as I saw them get out of the car and come towards me I picked up my pup, sensing something was not quite right," Ms Dyson said.

"After several questions they asked me to put her down to see how she walked.

"When I refused, the male lunged at me and tried to take my pup out of my arms."

Ms Dyson said the incident left her feeling concerned for other residents in the area.

"I fear that these people may target children or teenagers walking their dogs," she said.

"If I was a child, I wouldn't have Willow anymore."

Aren't there a lot of puppy farms around the Sale area? It may have been a potential or existing farmer looking to add to their stock.

Very frightening whatever the reason though!

Aren't there a lot of puppy farms around the Sale area? It may have been a potential or existing farmer looking to add to their stock.

Very frightening whatever the reason though!

That's sure one possibility. Interesting to know what the questions were that the person asked. Like ... is she desexed?

You're right, tho', whatever the reason, it's brazen and scary behaviour.

I dunno.... I've met people who take it as their god given right to pick up or hold any puppy they meet. This could just be a case of those kind of over the top weirdos who need to learn boundaries, rather than someone trying to steal someone's dog. I find over the top people in my face frightening sometimes, so I can see how that sort of behaviour could be interpreted as someone trying to steal their dog.

Or it could be someone trying to steal their dog.