• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit! I'd sit on that bed!!

far out, I've just discovered there's a costco at ringwood. hmmmmm

that's where I got mine from :) they are just around the corner from us

and they have heaps of stuff from stationary, tools, electrical, clothes, linen and groceries and booze. But because of that they don't have a huge variety in terms of brands

You need to show your membership card at the entrance but if you ask they will let you have a look to see if you want to join. You still won't be able to buy anything until you have a membership though.

Can you take the covers off to wash :confused: It would spoil it if you had to keep it covered to keep it clean.

it has zips so I'm pretty sure you can take the covers off. I might put a blanket on it anyway, it's not as warm and squishy as their old bed but together they only weight about 24kgs

dammit! I'd sit on that bed!!

far out, I've just discovered there's a costco at ringwood. hmmmmm

that's where I got mine from :) they are just around the corner from us

and they have heaps of stuff from stationary, tools, electrical, clothes, linen and groceries and booze. But because of that they don't have a huge variety in terms of brands

You need to show your membership card at the entrance but if you ask they will let you have a look to see if you want to join. You still won't be able to buy anything until you have a membership though.

that's handy, I'm not a member yet. I'd better wear comfy shoes fromt the sounds of things, I might be walking a bit. :D

one of the reviews :laugh:

"Trolleys are to big for the isles and the crazy people with nutcase children. However great store! :)"

Check about if the store you are going to let you register onsite.

The QLD stores had some hassles and expected newcomers to register online before making any purchases.

Would hate to have shopping disrupted.

:D

one of the reviews :laugh:

"Trolleys are to big for the isles and the crazy people with nutcase children. However great store! :)"

Check about if the store you are going to let you register onsite.

The QLD stores had some hassles and expected newcomers to register online before making any purchases.

Would hate to have shopping disrupted.

:D

Ringwood lets you register onsite

and yes we came across a few people that chose to leave their trolley in the middle of the isle last night. We just politely push it out of the way :p

Ringwood lets you register onsite

and yes we came across a few people that chose to leave their trolley in the middle of the isle last night. We just politely push it out of the way :p

That is good. My friend lost valuable shopping time in QLD.

At least her credit card was happy.

:rofl:

ETA: Loving, just loving the EARS! So very stylish :thumbsup:

Edited by VizslaMomma

There was probably another 6 - 8 of those beds in stock at Ringwood, they also had heaps of large round ones for $30 and a few smaller couch like dog beds for the same price

from memory I think the label said they were 36 x 44 inch, I can double check when I get home.

Btw if anyone else gets one don't forget to put a picture up here :D

I went down but didn't join and so didn't buy one. some of the prices were the same as other shops. You'd have to buy an awful lot to recover your $60 joining fee I think, and you have to have the room to store all your bulk items.

It was an interesting experience though, the cafateria was good value. I had the strangest experience there though. As I went to pay I said to the girl I'd never used the tap and go. I touched the machine with my card and quick as a flash another customer loomed up from nowhere, snatched my card from me and said no you have to put it in the slot. I got such a shock, I didn't have time to react. She was wrong anyway, I'd already paid.

I saw a man who looked alot like Rupert Murdoch shopping there, :laugh: and a personal trainer, I know that cause he had it written on his back, sitting with a couple of blokes who looked like athletes and they were all eating junk food. It was great! All very entertaining.

Edited by Kirislin

Its definitely an experience. One of the other advantages of costco is they pretty much have a life time warranty on everything and you don't need your receipts because it's all recorded under you member details. There was a story awhile back about costco refunding people the price of their analog TV's once the signal went digital in the US.

Also the best discounts are on the vouchers that they give you.

I'm not sure if we've got our membership money back yet in savings, OH is definitely loving the cheap food at the cafe and the pizzas are pretty great. We probably won't renew when it expires in Nov coz we'll be moving in May next year and I can't see me going out of my way to go.

I went down but didn't join and so didn't buy one. some of the prices were the same as other shops. You'd have to buy an awful lot to recover your $60 joining fee I think, and you have to have the room to store all your bulk items.

It was an interesting experience though, the cafateria was good value. I had the strangest experience there though. As I went to pay I said to the girl I'd never used the tap and go. I touched the machine with my card and quick as a flash another customer loomed up from nowhere, snatched my card from me and said no you have to put it in the slot. I got such a shock, I didn't have time to react. She was wrong anyway, I'd already paid.

I saw a man who looked alot like Rupert Murdoch shopping there, :laugh: and a personal trainer, I know that cause he had it written on his back, sitting with a couple of blokes who looked like athletes and they were all eating junk food. It was great! All very entertaining.

You'd be surprised. For my first trip to Costco I saved over $100 after the joining fee was accounted for. I used a spreadsheet to track prices and I always came out way ahead. Consumables like paper towels and toilet paper are a great deal cheaper, if you have the space for the extra large quantities.

A bit off topic, but we recouped our business joining fee ($55) with our first visit. We bought tyres for two vehicles which were $40 cheaper per tyre than anywhere in Canberra :thumbsup: