Fake Registered Breeder

Monchichi

Hi All,

Just wonder if any of you could tell me whether i can report someone who pretend to be a registered breeder and stating in her ads (on you know where the famous site of the BYB) as registered with Australian National Kennel Council.

How do I know is she is not registered breeder? It's because one of my friend has bought one of her puppy back 2 years ago, didn't know at that time on how to differentiate between proper and fake registered breeder.

And honestly i don't want to see this BYB doing doggy thing anymore. Unless she has registered herself recently as proper breeder, but selling the pups through that website still sounds dodgy to me.

Thank you

You can check with the state you are in to see if they are registered with their state control body. If they are not and ANKC breeder I would contact local council and other than that there is not much else you can do if pups are housed in a healthy environment and approved by local council they don't need to be a registered ANKC breeder - plus there are other acknowledged canine registry organisations.

Just adding - if you can find out from the ANKC that she is not a registered ANKC breeder, but is using their name, you can probably report her to the famous website - they can take action, I think.

Thank you for the suggestions. Will investigate more on this. Being BYB alone already bad enough...let alone stating registered with ANKC. And she used to steal photos from the real registered breeder while back.

You can create a "ticket" to report an ad on that particular site. It is against their rules for people to claim to be registered breeders when they are not. Perhaps create a ticket (you include the ad number) and tell them that you know she isn't a registered breeder and they should ask her for proof.

We aren't registered with the ANKC .Breeders are registered with there state member bodies ,so the breeder would have to say they are a DogsVic registered breeder ,As a dogsvic member all pups must go with papers etc etc .

The breeder would have held a prefix .

Plenty of good ethical breeders do advertise on that website because that is where the genearl public look problem is people not asking questions .

I doubt there is you can do except email the site saying the ad contains info that isn't true & the facts you have

Thank you for the suggestions. Will investigate more on this. Being BYB alone already bad enough...let alone stating registered with ANKC. And she used to steal photos from the real registered breeder while back.

Please explain what you mean by BYB. Some perfectly good breeders breed in the back yard. Was there a problem with the puppy your friend bought? It is quite common, and perfectly legal, for breeders to claim they are registered when they are registered with the local council.

If they are showing people forged papers, etc., then it becomes a matter of fraud. This is a different legal situation. I'm not a lawyer, but I think someone who deliberately fakes ANKC papers is subject to criminal law charges.

When you place an ad on that site you have to say if you are a registered breeder - that is registered with any one - the council, a state body under the ANKC the MDBA , the aapdb and a dozens of others. Registered doesn't just mean ANKC registered.

I am under the impression registered breeders mean the breeder is registered under state body under the ANKC and owns prefix name. As far as I know this breeder has no prefix name (however will investigate more).

The puppy my friend bought has no major issue yet (hope never) . However, the puppy is not really up to the breed standard from seeing how the coat, ears, eyes etc.

When my friend purchased the puppy, the breeder told her 3 different birth dates of this puppy. And of course my friend never have the limited register paper from this breeder. In fact, the puppy never got wormed when the puppy was with the breeder, as when the puppy picked up from the breeder's house, the puppy weight only 1.8kg at 9weeks old. in 4weeks after the puppy lived with my friend and between her rist and 2nd vaccine, the puppy weight almost doubled and vet said it was probably worms and poor diet when living with the breeder.

The breeder stated on her ad that she has wormed the puppy, but when my friend rang her and asked, the breeder admitely saying "no, the puppy hasn't been wormed".

Not long after the puppies gone to their new home, this breeder advertised selling the puppy's dad...and changed the date of birth of the dog many times as well on the ad. My friend somehow found this out as she was searching this type of dog in that website.

Anyhow, my friend's puppy is very well care now, even more that human baby :laugh:

Edited by Monchichi

..and unless you have IN PRINT , something which says that breeder is registered with their state's ANKC body -

you have nothing to report.

being uncaring, telling lies, and having folks impulse buy from them anyway - well, not illegal ... it is sad , irresponsible and dangerous. :(

Oh, and if the person who sold that pup is NOT an ANKC member - then pups could be anything! They may not even be pure bred.

Edited by persephone

I am under the impression registered breeders mean the breeder is registered under state body under the ANKC and owns prefix name. As far as I know this breeder has no prefix name (however will investigate more).

The puppy my friend bought has no major issue yet (hope never) . However, the puppy is not really up to the breed standard from seeing how the coat, ears, eyes etc.

When my friend purchased the puppy, the breeder told her 3 different birth dates of this puppy. And of course my friend never have the limited register paper from this breeder. In fact, the puppy never got wormed when the puppy was with the breeder, as when the puppy picked up from the breeder's house, the puppy weight only 1.8kg at 9weeks old. in 4weeks after the puppy lived with my friend and between her rist and 2nd vaccine, the puppy weight almost doubled and vet said it was probably worms and poor diet when living with the breeder.

The breeder stated on her ad that she has wormed the puppy, but when my friend rang her and asked, the breeder admitely saying "no, the puppy hasn't been wormed".

Not long after the puppies gone to their new home, this breeder advertised selling the puppy's dad...and changed the date of birth of the dog many times as well on the ad. My friend somehow found this out as she was searching this type of dog in that website.

Anyhow, my friend's puppy is very well care now, even more that human baby :laugh:

No big mystery on changing birth dates - that website requires puppies to be 8 weeks old before they are advertised so if a breeder wants to sell them and take deposits earlier they say the pup is older - as the pup really does get older they change the date of birth. And registered doesnt necessarily mean registered with the state controlling body and you can get a breeder with a registered prefix who is registered with a different registry. Some breeders dont have a registered prefix but use their registered business name too.

Tell you what you send me the ad and the breeders name via PM and I will look into it for you.

She isnt a CC registered breeder but is breeding with CC papered dogs and has their pedigrees. All ads I have found do not represent her to be registered or that the puppies have registration. from whatI can see she is breeding at least 5 breeds