X-ray Contest: Not Off Topic

sandgrubber

PUddleDuck posted this link in off topic. Really deserves to be In the News

2014 X-Ray Contest Winners

Animals will eat just about anything. The proof is in the radiographs.

BY VETERINARY PRACTICE NEWS EDITORS

Published: 2014.08.27 11:55 AM

Updated: September 5, 2014, 10:15 a.m. PDT

Animal hospitals in Texas, Florida and Oregon won Veterinary Practice News’ ninth annual radiograph contest, “They Ate WHAT?”

Pet insurer Trupanion of Seattle, Wash., sponsored the contest and will provide cash awards to support the uncompensated care these hospitals provide pets.

The first-place winner, Paws & Claws Animal Hospital of Plano, Texas, received $1,500, Gulf Breeze Animal Hospital in Gulf Breeze, Fla., won the $1,000 second prize, and DoveLewis Animal Hospital in Portland, Ore., will receive the $500 third prize.

The Veterinary Practice News editorial team and several advisory board members judged the entries.

There follows a collection of amazing radiographs of animals, mostly dogs, who have eaten and not passed various things

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/2014-X-Ray-Contest-Winners/

Oh wow. The socks and the rubber duckies were insane.

I'm lucky Dozer is just a sock stealer and not an eater.. Although it's always a game to get the sock back

That light-bulb was freaky too

Yeah! So honey, is the dog acting a bit brighter, or is it just my imagination?

I wonder though, did the people not notice that many socks going AWOL? I like to think I would...

Trufully, some of us have houses that eat socks.

:rofl:

This started with me because I have brothers.

We always had lost socks. Never had a dog that contributed to their being lost.

But lost they would be. In the end, Ma would only buy the same boring black sock or white or blue. Then she had hopes of matching pairs.

I have the same troubles,

:eek:

I wonder though, did the people not notice that many socks going AWOL? I like to think I would...

But lost they would be. In the end, Ma would only buy the same boring black sock or white or blue. Then she had hopes of matching pairs.

It's a good day when my socks match. :laugh:

Edited by Dory the Doted One

It's a good day when my socks match. :laugh:

So very true.

Zeph loves to bugger off with one of my socks. Just my socks. Not OHs. And only one. He hides them in his crate, scrunched up in his blankets, under his bed or in the loungeroom.

I have given up trying to find them all at washing time and just wear mis-matched socks. It is easier that way. (insert rolly eye man)

My dogs don't steal socks. But the cat does, she carries them around the house making little meowing noises. I haven't quite worked out whether it's a hunting behaviour or a nesting type behaviour(she is desexed) but I found a stockpile of them in one corner not long ago. :laugh:

The 2012 contest link is also interesting. My fav. was

Honorable Mention

Dana Ellis, practice manager

Neartown Animal Clinic

Houston, Texas

A 46-pound English bulldog swallowed a 9-inch screwdriver. Dog did very well after cranial laparotomy and gastrotomy. However, after he woke up, he promptly ate his intravenous injection port.