Swedish Vallhunds

sheena

There's a DOLer who owns one but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. The dog's name is Erik though I think.

Edit: it's Corvus who owns Erik the Swedish Vallhund. I did a forum search and he's in her sig that I found in the Spitz thread. They're a lovely looking dog!!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

There's a DOLer who owns one but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. The dog's name is Erik though I think.

Edit: it's Corvus who owns Erik the Swedish Vallhund. I did a forum search and he's in her sig that I found in the Spitz thread. They're a lovely looking dog!!

As cute as :love:

I met one of these today...he was only six months old & a delightful little boy. I looked up the Breed Sub Forums, but couldn't find them listed. So what can you tell me about them ??? Or point me in the right direction ????

Great ratters!!!!

Protect home and hearth as if they are a Rotti.

Manipulate cattle/stock.

Zoom from go to woah.

Loyal, loving & devoted to family. They can be so silly & clownish, they even stop to say 'Did I do that, really????' Then bounce away again.

I was in Eskilstuna Sweden some years ago. Went to an Dog Agility trial/obedience outing. This young Valhund had just started to compete. He jumped OVER the tunnel. AND crashed thro' the first jump.

The stewards tried so hard not to laugh at him. Same dog eventually got his titles though.

:)

Valls are fantastic! Mine was incredibly sweet and loving, an excellent watchdog, loved other animals but an exceptional rat hunter. She took a while to allow new people to be her friends, she wasn't the kind of dog to be insta-friends with everyone.

She did love to bark though, about as much as my corgis. They shed, perhaps slightly less than pembroke corgis. She was highly food motivated and easy to train but she was stuuuuuuuuuuubborn! With my corgis, they may be reluctant to do something but if I continue to ask then they will. With my vallhund, you could ask her to do something until the cows came home but she wasn't going to do it unless there was something making it worth her energy :laugh:

I'll definitely own more in the future.

a little mini GSD, sorta! Well that's how I'm selling it for when I can't handle a big dog

Vehs, have you thought about a pembroke corgi? A lot of people tend to own GSD and Pembrokes. In fact Ish has Pembrokes and GSD! They are very similar in terms of temperament and trainability.

a little mini GSD, sorta! Well that's how I'm selling it for when I can't handle a big dog

Vehs, have you thought about a pembroke corgi? A lot of people tend to own GSD and Pembrokes. In fact Ish has Pembrokes and GSD! They are very similar in terms of temperament and trainability.

And loyalty.

UK friend has them.

:D

Actually, that's sort of what I thought he was....a GSD crossed with a Corgi...lucky for me I asked her what his breed was first :laugh: