Just A Little Rant

Perfume

I cannot for the life of me understand why breeders who advertise on DOL state that they have photos of current litters on their website yet when you go to said website there are no photos of puppies, in fact you're met with the message that there are no pups available. This is so darn frustrating. In my opinion, if you have a website why not post photos of available puppies and even more so if you tell people to check website to view photos of available puppies when they know there are no such photos. What's worse is a fair few breeders no longer have a website yet it still appears on their ad.

I haven't actually used a breeder website to look for any of my pups but I can imagine your frustration. A good website is such a valuable tool in anything you do in this day and age and yet so many people don't keep them up to date, which I almost think does more harm than not having one at all.

Having said that I have seen some great breeder websites :)

YES to all of the above, no mention of the breed, website is 10 years out of date, this is A LOT of websites, or they have 3 different websites and none of them are current, no photos or tiny ones that you can't see anything in, websites that you can't read because there are so many things flashing at you or it's black with fluro fonts.

All of the above and their ad on DOL is newly updated as they have put the date of when the pups were born.

While I agree that a call or email is best, some people are notoriously bad at returning messages. If you are a breeder and going to have a web presence then you should be able to make regular updates for important things like puppies.

perhaps breeders have more important things to do like caring for their dogs and raising the puppies. Ring or email and if you don't hear from them, move on

Raising one litter at a time does not take all day unless we're talking about multiple litters which, in my opinion, is wrong. If a breeder can't be arsed keeping her website up to date, don't have one and more importantly don't lead people up the mulberry bush.

A good website used properly is such a good way for responsible breeders to educate potential puppy buyers. As we know the puppy farmers are excellent at having good looking websites that provide lots of "information" about how great they are. Informative, up to date websites from breeders and breed clubs could be so helpful in reaching the general public who don't even know that buying a pure bred pup from a registered breeder is an option for a pet.

Making it difficult for them to find accurate information is just pushing them away.

Edited by Simply Grand