Doggie Bling

hankdog

post-15010-0-49288400-1417903845_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's one of mine. The only time I worked in cow hide. All hand stitched, no machines here. It was a copy/replica of an antique sighthound collar I saw on ebay. Seems to be unused :(

It's actually in need of a good clean. :o

I gave it to a friend and when her dog died she gave it back to me for Georgia but it didn't really fit her Dally neck.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How cute!

In real life it looks a bit duller than in your photos. I think it just needs a really good clean though.

The buckle bit is a little worn now but still good and the stitching is still pretty good as well. :)

Edited by perrin

How cute!

In real life it looks a bit duller than in your photos. I think it just needs a really good clean though.

The buckle bit is a little worn now but still good and the stitching is still pretty good as well. :)

It was brand new when I took the photos. It's quite a few years ago now so I'd be expecting it to look a bit worn, especially if it's had a lot of use and not been cleaned. Glad the stitching is still good though.

Back in line folks, I need that plaited slip. It would solve my pyramid shaped bulldog neck with jowl issues.

Sigh, Houdini got out the new harness, luckily whilst training in the garden he did his jelly bones collapse tantrum thing.

I've ordered the ruffwear harness that promises to be Houdini proof, I don't really trust plastic clips but I'm going to have to try. After that I'm going straight jacket.

Edited by hankdog

Haha yea I have a collar and harness. I can't believe the first few days I had him before I knew he was reactive I just had him on a very simple harness. I'm sort of thinking I might make a crop top and fasten the harness to that. Little stumpy legs means once his shoulders are through he can slide sideways out of anything. I think he was pretty surprised when he fell out of it this morning. Have I mentioned how beautiful the brass buckles are.

Would you like it back?

It makes me a bit sad to see it just sitting in the cupboard.

Sure if you dont want it anymore. I know it fits Tag :D I'll pay for the postage if you like.

I'd love to see it go back to Tag. Just pm me your postal address. I will give it a good clean and send it.

Lol does she have chips n dips to go with that

I'm sure you can make her a whip!

Seriously though, Very beautiful

I think it looks cool. It's Feathers collar, and Feathers only got a tiny neck herself but it fits easily 'round Nekos teensy tiny waist. Looks a bit Billy Idolish dont you think :laugh:

K, no way could you be a dag. You have exquisite dogs, you make beautiful beautiful collars and leads, you take the most amazing photographs. .... but you are still going to be reported to the RSPCP. :laugh:

Looking forward to the updated collar photo of tag. How amazing that a fellow DOLer has one.

Perrin :thumbsup:

Haha yea I have a collar and harness. I can't believe the first few days I had him before I knew he was reactive I just had him on a very simple harness.

Yep, we brought our girl home on a collar - walking on two back feet and eating the lead (she'd never had either on before)! When we went to get 'equipment' it was discussed whether a Hannibal lecter set-up (including trolley) maybe more appropriate haha! Luckily she improved in leaps and bounds and is now a happy, friendly dog (and even a foster 'mum').

I have a lifejacket by by ruff wear and love there stuff, so how about something like this?

http://www.ruffwear.com/DoubleBack-Harness?sc=2&category=1131

Omg you must be reading my mind, I have considered a trolley/ full body cage. I've ordered the ruffwear webmaster which I think is pretty similar to that. Might have to add some diamantes because I'm pretty disappointed at how grey and dull it is after the last harness and looking at trendy Neko we are so coming last in the fashion stakes.

Omg you must be reading my mind, I have considered a trolley/ full body cage. I've ordered the ruffwear webmaster which I think is pretty similar to that. Might have to add some diamantes because I'm pretty disappointed at how grey and dull it is after the last harness and looking at trendy Neko we are so coming last in the fashion stakes.

Send it to Kirislin for a make over. :laugh:

the Prodigal Collar returns. I made this collar almost 10 years ago, sold it on ebay for a reasonable amount at the time and donated the proceeds to charity. I always knew where the collar went but as it was the only one I've made of cow hide I thought about it a bit and wondered if it had been used as I knew the buyer didn't have a whippet. This thread has brought it out of the woodwork and the original owner has very kindly sent it back to me. I wont be putting it up for sale again. :D It's almost as it was when I sold it, only Tag the original model has aged. Thankyou Perrin.

15999805332_908134b896_z.jpg5F6A6749dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

15380863023_c9eccd582d_z.jpg5F6A6746dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

15998513211_728c4b4a6b_z.jpg5F6A6745dppt by kirislin, on Flickr