Doggie Bling

hankdog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh, I like that, and for us blokes, we do not call this bling, it is "kit" or "gear" :laugh:

DOL - always educational :laugh: :laugh:

You may be right Yonjuro I think boy dogs have gear. I love poppys' new bling. Girl dogs can definitely be a bit more out there although I do take sadistic delight in decking Jake out in pink when I can.

I like going against the grain as well. I used to have a red outfit and take delight in wearing bright pink lipstick ......

K, I'd be checking up on Steph M, Roova and BC Crazy. They are all trying to get you back in business. :D :D

Guest donatella

Bon has grown out of her black suede Swarovski crystal step in harness because of her coat.. I really need to pass it on to a deserving owner but it's so hard to part with!!!

Love Grufs new collars. The one with his name on it is awesome :) May I ask where you got them from please?

Thanks. They both have his name on them, on the buckle. I was playing on google and found them at Mimi Green

Edited by GrufLife

Bon has grown out of her black suede Swarovski crystal step in harness because of her coat.. I really need to pass it on to a deserving owner but it's so hard to part with!!!

Ooh Jake would love a suede and Swarovski harness????????

I used to make them and sell them all over the world, purely by word of mouth but I had a crazy stalker. Only when I stopped making them did she go away.

Horrendous.

That's a shame because your craftmanship is wonderful.

:(

thankyou. It was pretty awful at the time because I loved making them. My market was quite specific, whippets and IGs mostly so it wasn't like I was flooding the canine market. They were also unique because I used kangaroo hide. I never found anywhere else that used solid roo to make collars. Plaiting yes but not straight roo hide, that was my idea, of which I was quite proud. :D

I used to plait too. I would buy whole hides and hand cut the lacing. Cant find any photos of it except this one, but I used to make much finer ones for showing with little swivels on them, and was very proud that Mary Lowe (famous in the whippet world) bought one of my very fine little show slips and told me it was exquisite. That's my brag. :D

9282468328_d996e70c9b_z.jpgMade by ME! by kirislin, on Flickr

I used to plait too. I would buy whole hides and hand cut the lacing. Cant find any photos of it except this one, but I used to make much finer ones for showing with little swivels on them, and was very proud that Mary Lowe (famous in the whippet world) bought one of my very fine little show slips and told me it was exquisite. That's my brag. :D

All of your work is exquisite!

Love the collar you made Neeko. Shame its gone :(

post-15010-0-49288400-1417903845_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's one of mine. The only time I worked in cow hide. All hand stitched, no machines here. It was a copy/replica of an antique sighthound collar I saw on ebay. Seems to be unused :(

found the pics I took of it to sell on ebay. They're in my old photobucket account that I haven't looked in for ages. Been a bit of a trip down memory lane.

Tag the model.

103-0395_IMG.jpg

103-0394_IMG.jpg

103-0396_IMG.jpg

103-0393_IMG.jpg

This is a buckle collar I made for a friends whippet. Still out of kangaroo hide. I didn't want to make her a buckle collar but it's what she wanted at the time, she didn't believe my limited slip ones were any good, but a couple of years later she asked for one of them as well. :laugh:

103-0377_IMG.jpg

this was a prototype, my first buckle collar I think. Not very good but I used it on Kibah for years and it is still usable, but Kibah is no longer with me. It's about as blingy as I get, I prefer plain and functional.

103-0374_IMG.jpg

6 strand plaited choker

103-0308_IMG.jpg

as a set

103-0309_IMG.jpg

Edited by Kirislin