Our Throw Away Society

Kirislin

Some of those who respond to freecycle are just plain rude. They come to your home and after you help load whatever you're giving them into their car they drive off without a word. A quick 'thank you' goes a long way and costs nothing.

I now give everything light enough to carry to the Lions Op Shop instead of putting them on Freecycle. A few spoil it for the many.

The Lions Op Shop is one of the few op shops that take appliances. They're tested by qualified electricians before being put up for sale, so that's where my unwanted appliances go now. I was a bit of an appliance junkie and bought every new new kitchen gadget that came onto the market. They take up too much storage space and eventually they have to go, some are unused.

I feel better taking my things to the Lions. At least they're not being collected by someone who is just out to make some money by picking up freebies.

Wow, how lucky are you to have "hard Rubbish" throwouts. We are in Armidale NSW, and the council simply refuse to allow this sort of thing, it would cost them too much to dispose of it and cut back on people going to the dump!

However, we do make the most of it when travelling through towns that do have it. I cannot stand "throw-away" society, it saddens and angers me. Surely it is not that hard to attempt to reuse, recycle or give things away?

Great haul, Kirislin.

Di

Wow, how lucky are you to have "hard Rubbish" throwouts. We are in Armidale NSW, and the council simply refuse to allow this sort of thing, it would cost them too much to dispose of it and cut back on people going to the dump!

However, we do make the most of it when travelling through towns that do have it. I cannot stand "throw-away" society, it saddens and angers me. Surely it is not that hard to attempt to reuse, recycle or give things away?

Great haul, Kirislin.

Di

My council stopped doing it, too. Sad, really. :(

• 2 months later...