Saturday Senior

I did not see this dog until now. What a sad situation for someone to be so down on their luck that their dog is about to pay for it. I so feel for the owner. I hope someone can fit this little girl in. She is only 11. She could have another 5 or 6 years left. I will pledge $50 if a rescue can help her. Hope it's not too late! Poor little Lucy!

First up we have Boy Boy who is listed as a Tibetan Spaniel :/ BB is 15 years old and is available for no fee at the Burwood East RSPCA in Victoria.

What a pretty boy. Looking very well for his 15 years. Tibbies tend to do well in their senior years. My girl is 14, still pretty, agile & healthy.

Shall pass his details on to the Tibbie Club in Victoria.

First up we have Boy Boy who is listed as a Tibetan Spaniel :/ BB is 15 years old and is available for no fee at the Burwood East RSPCA in Victoria.

What a pretty boy. Looking very well for his 15 years. Tibbies tend to do well in their senior years. My girl is 14, still pretty, agile & healthy.

Thanks Mita, I was unsure if he was even a Tibbie. I don't know the breed at all I'm sorry to say :o Don't forget he is free to adopt.

There is a little Mini Foxie girl in urgent need in Queanbeyan pound. Lucy is 11 years old. The link is here http://www.qcc.nsw.gov.au/Council-Services/Animals/Animals-for-Sale

I have been sent some further information about her:

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Little 11 year old Lucy is due to be put to sleep on Tuesday, the 31st of March. She does have some fear aggression issues when she is around people in the pound setting, but hopefully this will ease once her life resumes some normalcy. Lucy was surrendered because her owner could no longer care for her. The Owner has had Lucy since she was a pup, fell on hard times and was living out of her car. The ranger said the owner was extremely upset when she had to leave Lucy at the pound.

Lucy will need a quiet home with a patient owner prepared to take things slowly. The rangers have seen her go from very frightened and not being able to get near to allowing them to pick her up. Every time one of the rangers came by she got excited wagging her tail and wanting their attention so it we know she will gain trust but it will take time and lots of patience. She is not suited to a home with children. If you can't take Lucy long-term, please consider fostering Lucy until a long-term home can be found for her.

There isn't an active Queanbeyan thread up in Urgent at the moment - but Lucy has been tested by ARF. Her temperament test details are available from bazilybazbaz on DOL.

post-2420-0-53716400-1427666537_thumb.jpg

I believe Lucy will be safe, one way or the other, as soon as I am sure I will confirm.

Thanks Mita, I was unsure if he was even a Tibbie. I don't know the breed at all I'm sorry to say :o Don't forget he is free to adopt.

He looks like he's got a longer, sharper muzzle, so may be a cross or not bred to standard. But he's very pretty. Passed on his details to TSAV.... & that he's free.

Cheesus - those poor dogs who have lost part of their jaw simply because of poor dental hygiene. But what an amazing program!

Oh my Anna all those beautiful faces with hope back in their eyes :heart: the retirement programme is heartwarming. To you and everyone involved in SAS a huge thank you from me xx

Thanks for posting.

Beautiful! All so lovely, but I adore Gidget.

:thanks: Thank you so much. They are all the most darling little souls.

It's incredible how many senior dogs have been deprived of medical attention and how well they do with a whole lot of TLC and some very good vet care. :)

Edited by Powerlegs

There is a little Mini Foxie girl in urgent need in Queanbeyan pound. Lucy is 11 years old. The link is here http://www.qcc.nsw.gov.au/Council-Services/Animals/Animals-for-Sale

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Little 11 year old Lucy is due to be put to sleep on Tuesday, the 31st of March. She does have some fear aggression issues when she is around people in the pound setting, but hopefully this will ease once her life resumes some normalcy. Lucy was surrendered because her owner could no longer care for her. The Owner has had Lucy since she was a pup, fell on hard times and was living out of her car. The ranger said the owner was extremely upset when she had to leave Lucy at the pound.

Lucy will need a quiet home with a patient owner prepared to take things slowly. The rangers have seen her go from very frightened and not being able to get near to allowing them to pick her up. Every time one of the rangers came by she got excited wagging her tail and wanting their attention so it we know she will gain trust but it will take time and lots of patience. She is not suited to a home with children. If you can't take Lucy long-term, please consider fostering Lucy until a long-term home can be found for her.

There isn't an active Queanbeyan thread up in Urgent at the moment - but Lucy has been tested by ARF. Her temperament test details are available from bazilybazbaz on DOL.

I believe Lucy will be safe, one way or the other, as soon as I am sure I will confirm.

Lucy is safe, there were 2 people ahead of me in the queue, including another local rescue. I still feel very sad for Lucy's owner's situation and hope that she'll be OK, I hope that the pound can let her know that at least.

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Lucy is safe, there were 2 people ahead of me in the queue, including another local rescue. I still feel very sad for Lucy's owner's situation and hope that she'll be OK, I hope that the pound can let her know that at least.

Thank you Dogmad. I also hope the pound lets the owner know that Lucy is safe. I am not sure if pounds do this or if owners can find out what happened to a dog they surrendered. In this situation I wondered if perhaps someone could just have held the dog until the owner got back on his/her feet. 11 years with a dog is a long time. Handing it over must have been shattering (or perhaps that is just me reading into it).

sars, we are lucky to have a caring ranger at Qbn pound who goes above & beyond for impounded animals. Thanks Dogmad for being there if needed.

No worries, my idea was to see if I could help poor little Lucy and her owner get back together.

This is the 3rd case I've heard of lately where a female owner has become homeless for some reason and had to give up their dogs.

Very sad, there's not much help out there and if there is someone just doesn't know how to find it. :cry:

As the Cinderella movie is released we have our very own Cinderella here! She is a 10 year old chi with an attitude bigger than Texas. She is in foster care with Rescued With Love Victoria and here's what they say about this little princess ;)

Cinderella is up for adoption. If you don't mind an attitude bigger than Mt. Everest, and a tantrum throwing princess who is as cute as a button - Miss C is the girl for you! Yes I can see all you Chi people laughing and nodding and saying Oh yeah - we got one of those too! smile emoticon

Cinderella has decided (because no one else can!) that she doesn't like other dogs, cats or men. As you do. So she will need an all lady house - with no other interlopers like, you know - a cat. Or something. Then, she tells us - she will be happy. Well what can we say, but ok - you win!

Check out Cinderella on our website at www.rescuedwithlove.org and read about Her Royal Bossiness. I mean Highness.

post-38965-0-21352100-1428131733_thumb.jpg

Mojo and Cinderella are both gorgeous, for different reasons. They both look very good for their age ... & there's no dimming of spirit, in different directions. Both would be adorable in homes that match. Fingers crossed for them both.