Saturday Senior

On 2/17/2019 at 5:58 PM, Powerlegs said:
STILL UNCLAIMED!!!

Mits is an 18 year old Kelpie who was found on Liverpool Road, Ashfield on Monday, 11 February.

Sadly the microchip details are out of date.

If you know this old girl or she is yours please contact the shelter team on i[email protected]  9587 9611

Inner West Council

Image may contain: dog and text
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home
Nonprofit Organization
Send Message

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, FootprintsinSand said:

Click on photo to follow the link. Another old fellow at DAS. He has been there for about a month so may be running out of time.

It looks as if this boy is safe as he has left the pound hopefully adopted or to rescue. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stellnme said:

Always so many oldies in need of a retirement home.  I wish more people knew how loving they are.

You are absolutely right, @stellnme.  One of the considerations people have to look at, however, is how extremely expensive they can be if you want to look after them properly.  I have an A4 sheet listing all the medications that need to be dispensed daily.  I cross each off through the day as they are given and this meds regime requires someone to be home at regular times through the day.  I do not know how I would manage if I still worked (I’m old and retired :laugh: :laugh:).  There are lots of things to consider.  When I get my debit card statement, so many of the entries are for the vet :eek:  :eek:.  Out of curiosity, I went back through my statement in in the past three months I have spent over $500 a month at the Vets and that doesn’t include food or supplements (I am trying Rose Hip Vital).  

I hope it doesn’t need to be said, that I don’t begrudge a minute or a cent.   :heart:  :heart:  

• Like 2

Been there and done that @Loving my Oldies - and I wouldn't have it any other way!  I'm between oldies at the moment as my little Tuppence passed away on New Years Eve.  I only have my 7 year old (positively young!) boy at the moment and even though it is expensive and I'm retired too, there will be a spot for another when they find us.  I'm not missing out on those wonderful older dog cuddles !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stellnme said:

Been there and done that @Loving my Oldies - and I wouldn't have it any other way!  I'm between oldies at the moment as my little Tuppence passed away on New Years Eve.  I only have my 7 year old (positively young!) boy at the moment and even though it is expensive and I'm retired too, there will be a spot for another when they find us.  I'm not missing out on those wonderful older dog cuddles !

This gave me a laugh.  It is amazing how one’s ideas change over the years and with much greater exposure.  I remember going to training with my first puppies and there was a lady there with a four year old ..... I thought he was old.  :o  :o

My foster boy, Simba, is 9 and I think he is young.   

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know how exactly old this girl is but she looks sad and maybe older :(  (Campbelltown Pound)

Staffy x. Female. Black/White.

Size: Medium
Where animal found: Airds
Available for sale from: 28 May 2019
Breed: Staffy X
Impounded date: 20 May 2019

CCC_31658.jpg

Edited by Powerlegs
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

IMP-19-02970.jpg
Impound No: IMP-19-02970
Animal Type: Dog
Sex: Female
Colour: White Chocolate Grey
Breed: Shih-Tzu
Cross Breed: Other
Hair: Short
Date In: 31/05/2019
Sale Type: Immediate

Blacktown Pound

Edited by Powerlegs
  • Like 2

IMP-19-02180.jpg

Impound No: IMP-19-02180
Animal Type: Dog
Sex: Female
Colour: Tan
Breed: Shar-Pei
Cross Breed: Am-Staff
Hair: Short
Date In: 16/04/2019
Sale Type: Immediate

Blacktown Pound

Edited by Powerlegs

RETIRED MAJOR NEEDS A NEW HOME
**PLEASE SHARE**

Major is a 14 year old fox terrier. He's desexed and in pretty good shape for an older dog, he's not on any medication but he just needs TLC befitting a gent of his age. His teeth are in good condition for his age.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS POST JUST TO PASS JUDGEMENT ABOUT MAJOR'S REHOMING. HIS CURRENT CARER TOOK HIM IN BUT ISN'T ABLE TO KEEP HIM. WE LOVE POSITIVE COMMENTS OF COURSE!

Major is well trained and is used to life indoors. He's easy to take on a walk and he just cruises along next to you.
Major has always lived with another dog, he currently lives with two big dogs and has blended in well, he's also good with cats and children. He's getting a bit fragile so he wouldn't suit living with children who could be rough with him.

Major is an affectionate dog who loves his pats, he's also happy to go and curl up on his bed and give you space if you want.

Major is looking for a home where he can relax and spend his days curled up with his owner feeling loved. He's a gentle boy and gets excited just having his person around.
If you can offer Major a home for his retirement please contact his current minder at: https://www.facebook.com/sophie.rech.1

Image may contain: dog
  • Like 2

LOVEABLE LOU NEEDS A NEW HOME
DO YOU HAVE ROOM FOR AN OLDER GENT?
**PLEASE SHARE**
Lou, or Lou-dini as he's sometimes known, is a 10 year old border collie. Not much is known about his past but he's an active, well behaved, fun dog looking for a new home through no fault of his own.

Don't let Lou's age fool you though, he's quite puppy-like in some of his behaviours and that's why he's not getting along with the other pets in his current home. He wants to play and they are too old to play with him.

Lou loves cuddles, getting pats and going for walks, he's a very inquisitive dog. Lou is used to living inside and he's well behaved in the house, he loves children.
Lou needs a home with colourbond fences as he manages to escape over and through other fence types, hence his nickname.
If you can offer Lou an active new home with secure colourbond fences please contact Allison, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004901687097

Image may contain: dog
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...