Dog Surfing

huga

The Noosa Festival of Surfing kicked off over the weekend, and as usual I headed down both days to shoot - because how could I resist?

The demo was held at The Spit on Saturday, and gives everyone a chance to give SUP a go with their dogs.

16136172114_b83443d77a_c.jpg

16758472275_d5ba2d86e8_c.jpg

16732586826_dbc1aff17a_c.jpg

16757407622_4e26307b17_c.jpg

16757406612_f943e84620_c.jpg

16572344249_83955a8508_c.jpg

OMG that looks like so much fun.

I love the atmosphere and sense of fun that you captured in your photos. Brilliant. :thumbsup:

Thank you! It's always such a happy weekend. I loved how the two little girls surfed with their dads this year :love: On International Women's Day and all.

As usual, so many cool shots Huga! I can't believe how many people are on the beach watching and how cruisy about the whole thing the dogs are! Love it!

I didn't get a crowd shot this year, but it was massive. It gets bigger each year and I swear, about half of them were jostling for position with a DSLR! I need a longer lens, just for this weekend every year :laugh: The dogs that take part in the surfing comp are really special. There's a huge noisy crowd to contend with, but they just seek out their owners like little champions - eyes on the prize. Sid would stop to chat to everyone.

Awesome pics Huga! I was there earlier in the day, but we had to leave before the surfing dogs which is a pity!

Oh I wish I'd known, we could have had a coffee or something :D

Next time.

We were there most of the afternoon, hence the kids sleeping in until 7.30 this morning. The beach always knocks it out of them.

You're kidding! I did keep looking out for blue hair :)

We were probably there around 3ish for a swim.

Some friends of ours had just moved up from Sydney, so we were there visiting them.

I did actually see two boys swimming that I thought might have been yours, but I wasn't sure. was one on a red surf/paddleboard? and the other on a boogie board?

yeah, it was definitely busy!

we were right in front of the surf club - just to the right of the flags when you're looking at the water.

It was such a beautiful day! And I love it when there isn't much surf :)

Oh has that been a year since the last one???? Gosh where has that year gone...

I really enjoyed your photo's last year huga & this year was more of the same.

Wonderful photo's...

What a great, fun event for everyone

including all the beautiful dogs ????:)

All fantastic photos but I particularly love the one of the young girl hugging her dog. Very cute!

Out of interest do you just move around with your camera, being confident and shooting away as scenes catch your interest or do you ask permission if faces are involved? I'm never quite sure what the protocol is..