Hanrob / Other Sydney Kennels

Aimz08

Hi,

We have a 7 month old Frenchie who we need to board for a weekend while we go away. He is very much part of our family and we are quite stressed about who to use. Our vet recommends Meadowmist however we have read some bad reviews about them so not completely sure.

We have read some good reviews about Hanrob, has anyone used them?

What other places have you had a good experience with? We are in the Sutherland Shire, south of Sydney.

Our little guy has had a lot of health problems as well which is why we are overally cautious, he needs to be well looked after! He is also quite sensitive and we have read stories of dogs coming home and never being themselves again, we couldn't bare this.

Any help and or advice will be appreciated :)

I wonder if your Vet might look after the puppy for the week-end for you?

Our Vet allowed our old boy to stay rather than have him in strange surroundings.

I am thinking the shorter time frame might work better for your wee Frenchie.

:D

The only place I use now - and recommend - is Akuna. They're near Maitland, but pick up and deliver. Great service, and it's one of the few places that won't mix your dog with other dogs, be it in kennels or for playtime. You get video updates and they cater to special needs when required.

Ex staff member at Hanrob here. I would never board my dog there. It HAS been a few years since I worked there though so could have improved.

If you're in the Shire give Marie Stack a call on 9521 8296 - she's in Kirrawee and looks after dogs in-home. She's a trainer and it's all very well run and organised, all dogs are assessed prior to boarding for suitability as the dogs do all get to hang out together for some of the day(supervised). They have their manners kept in check and all have to go and chill on their beds in the afternoon like a child daycare :laugh:

She's seriously great though and it means your dog will get to stay in a home environment with someone knowledgeable about dogs rather than at a kennel where his issues may not be picked up on.

I wonder if your Vet might look after the puppy for the week-end for you?

Our Vet allowed our old boy to stay rather than have him in strange surroundings.

I am thinking the shorter time frame might work better for your wee Frenchie.

:D

Unfortunately not :( They don't offer any boarding services

Ex staff member at Hanrob here. I would never board my dog there. It HAS been a few years since I worked there though so could have improved.

If you're in the Shire give Marie Stack a call on 9521 8296 - she's in Kirrawee and looks after dogs in-home. She's a trainer and it's all very well run and organised, all dogs are assessed prior to boarding for suitability as the dogs do all get to hang out together for some of the day(supervised). They have their manners kept in check and all have to go and chill on their beds in the afternoon like a child daycare :laugh:

She's seriously great though and it means your dog will get to stay in a home environment with someone knowledgeable about dogs rather than at a kennel where his issues may not be picked up on.

Thank you, I will definitely give her a call. Sounds like exactly what we are after!

The only place I use now - and recommend - is Akuna. They're near Maitland, but pick up and deliver. Great service, and it's one of the few places that won't mix your dog with other dogs, be it in kennels or for playtime. You get video updates and they cater to special needs when required.

Thankyou but yes, too far :(

I'd keep well away from Hanrob too, to be honest.

I.literally have never heard a good thing. :(

Wow, can anyone elaborate on why to stay away from Hanrob? I have read such great reviews on other sites so quite shocked now!

Thank you, I will definitely give her a call. Sounds like exactly what we are after!

No probs - I'm sure you will be very happy if you use her, I've got quite a few friends that have sent dogs to her (and do so regularly as she also does daycare), and just have nothing but praise.

If you are willing to drive to the Central Coast Deb at Just like Home Pet Resort is fantastic. I haven't boarded there myself as I have greyhounds and she only takes small dogs but I have friends that cannot praise this place highly enough. A friend with three SWF's hadn't had a holiday in years as they were afraid to leave their dogs, one with lots of medical issues but since going on my recommendation they now go O/S every year without a worry in the world. Another friend is a vet nurse and she leaves her littly here as well.

http://www.justlikehomepetresort.com.au/

I'd keep well away from Hanrob too, to be honest.

I.literally have never heard a good thing. :(

Wow, can anyone elaborate on why to stay away from Hanrob? I have read such great reviews on other sites so quite shocked now!

I know a dog who comes home with the hives, runs & sooks every time he goes there. Owner doesn't care but Id never take my dog there based on this dogs behavior & physical condition on the 4-5 times ive seen him return from there.

Thanks guys but it's not feasible to drive 2+ hours each way. We need somewhere local. We will look at meadowmist again as our get recommends them

Am interested to hear experiences from meadowmist if anyone has used them and other hanrob experiences

Marie sounded fantastic, thanks melzawelza. Unfortunately she is too busy to take on new clients (obviously very good)x will keep searching :)

Ooops sorry just saw it wasn't feasible to drive that far, ignore me lol

Edited by HazyWal