Multiple Dog Permits

Kirislin

Interesting, I've got my letter confirming I've renewed my multiple dog permit and in the conditions it states there must be no breeding or keeping of litters at the property! That's a new one I'm sure. I've got a registered prefix with Dogs Vic for the very reason that I might breed at some stage in the future.

hmmm just checked my first letter from 2 years ago, I missed that it said it there as well. I must have missed it. :mad

The same conditions were on Zeph's letter and that was at the end of 2009. I think it is part of the Vic government increased regulation of breeders.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied for a 3 dog permit as I am in town and I had to get neighbours to sign a form to say they don't mind me having the 3 dogs and I paid a once off fee of $75.00 and that was 3 years ago :)

what's the name of your shire or council?

I'm wondering how anyone in Vic gets permission to breed a dog now? Or do they all just flout the law?

I applied for a 3 dog permit as I am in town and I had to get neighbours to sign a form to say they don't mind me having the 3 dogs and I paid a once off fee of $75.00 and that was 3 years ago :)

what's the name of your shire or council?

I'm wondering how anyone in Vic gets permission to breed a dog now? Or do they all just flout the law?

Which shire are you in Kirislin?

I just looked up the permit system for Rural City of Wangaratta and it is very different to the one I got a few years ago. The one I have had no fee and was not for individual dogs, just a total of 3 dogs. Nowadays it is a $44 fee and it is charged every time you change the permit to add a dog. No mention of breeding though on either of them.

But I had no trouble changing a dogs details this year for registration, just told them I had a permit and they changed the dogs over.

yarra ranges

Did you tick "breeder" on the form though? It does give you that option and you can indicate how many litters you breed.

I dont recall seeing it but at the time I applied I had 5 desexed dogs and Neko wasn't even a twinkle in her mother's eye.

I went in to my local council office yesterday to ask about the ban on breeding and was told if I wanted to breed I'd have to pay $274 (or something around that mark) to register myself as a business. When I tried to explain that the 2 previous litters I bred put me at a loss, and I wouldn't be doing it to make money, and that I'd been a member of Dogs Vic for many years as a registered breeder he just shrugged and suggested I follow it up by writing to my local councillor. :mad

I told him that they make it hard to do the right thing.

Edited by Kirislin