Define 'top Quality' Male Puppy

Boxerlove123

i was hoping to get some feedback in relation to personal interpretation of the statement 'Top quality male puppy'

would this indicate top pet quality, or more than? very interested in feedback please :)

thanks

Edited by Boxerlove123

I would assume this to mean one of the best male pups in the litter. Probably not the show pick aka pick of the litter but one that was fairly close.

Whether or not this is the case would be a whole other kettle of fish however :laugh:

I would assume this to mean one of the best male pups in the litter. Probably not the show pick aka pick of the litter but one that was fairly close.

Whether or not this is the case would be a whole other kettle of fish however :laugh:

thank you for your response. i totally agree with you. i am questioning a breeder currently re her representation of a pup which she described as 'top quality' but turns out he may have 'carpel flexural deformity' which would have been apparent before i received him. i just wanted a second opinion on how 'top qulaity' in interpreted by others. thanks again for your thoughts

Edited by Boxerlove123

thank you for your response. i totally agree with you. i am questioning a breeder currently re her representation of a pup which she described as 'top quality' but turns out he may have 'carpel flexural deformity' which would have been apparent before i received him. before going in all guns blazing, i just wanted a second opinion on how 'top qulaity' in interpreted by others. thanks again for your thoughts

Flame suit on but i think you need to stop airing your issues on forums & simply talk with the breeder & sort it our privately .

Asking what forums users interpret things as isn't going to help your cause nor give you any more ammo& to go in guns a blazing isn't going to help either .

You need to get the facts from the vet & contact the breeder in a professional manner .

You seem to be asking everyone for opinions well the only ones that matter is your vets & what they will put in writing,the way the dog arrived & the breeder.Keep it private it will not help your cause plastering it all over a forum

Flame suit on but i think you need to stop airing your issues on forums & simply talk with the breeder & sort it our privately .

Asking what forums users interpret things as isn't going to help your cause nor give you any more ammo& to go in guns a blazing isn't going to help either .

You need to get the facts from the vet & contact the breeder in a professional manner .

You seem to be asking everyone for opinions well the only ones that matter is your vets & what they will put in writing,the way the dog arrived & the breeder.Keep it private it will not help your cause plastering it all over a forum

Totally agree.

thank you for your response. i totally agree with you. i am questioning a breeder currently re her representation of a pup which she described as 'top quality' but turns out he may have 'carpel flexural deformity' which would have been apparent before i received him. before going in all guns blazing, i just wanted a second opinion on how 'top qulaity' in interpreted by others. thanks again for your thoughts

Agree. Speak to the breeder with facts hopefully in writing from your vet.

Agree. Speak to the breeder with facts hopefully in writing from your vet.

thanks for the feedback - sorry if i offended anyone, this was not my intention.

i am new to this so apologies for perhaps disclosing too much. i was just hoping for a second opinion from those more experienced than i. i have had a professional opinion from a vet, as well as approached the breeder in a professional manner - to which i am awaiting a resolution. apologies again for the controversial post.

Edited by Boxerlove123

It isn't the controversy which is a concern - D O L thrives on controversy ;) Sometimes these situations have legal ramifications to them ..and telling stories in public is often very unwise :( I wish you and pup all the best - pls give us an update ? :)

i understand :) I had no intention of name dropping at all, just feel a little uneducated on this kind of situation so was more looking for guidance etc. I have taken the right steps to rectifying the situation, hopefully the result is positive for all. Thanks again

i understand :) I had no intention of name dropping at all, just feel a little uneducated on this kind of situation so was more looking for guidance etc. I have taken the right steps to rectifying the situation, hopefully the result is positive for all. Thanks again

Its often very easy to figure it out ,i think no matter what when you buy any item that seems faulty you go straight back to where it came from asap .

I gather you didn't phone the breeder to say your puppy had arrived safe & sound but you had concerns over its foot on arrival ,would have opened up the dialogue very easily .

Then simply have said i will take pup to vet to see what they say & get back to you & send some photo's .

As it took two days to travel it truly may not have shown the signs when it left .

Unfortunately you have phoned NZKC & asked on forums but the breeder is truly the one person that needed to now straight away after you collected pup .

But it sounds like you back on track & hopefully you have a good outcome

I should have been more clear in my previous post. My first port of call was definitely the breeder, however that didn't go as well as I had hoped. I turned to NZKC and forums for guidance from those with more experience, as I felt in the dark in regard to where I stood etc.

the intention wasn't to plaster stories over a forum, more just a 'can someone offer some advice'.

People have massive interpretations of top quality, show quality & similar descriptions. I once saw an ad for a toy poodle pup described as show quality & the pup was phantom marked, unbelievable.

I agree that forums are not the best place to discuss this but if you have no idea I suppose you thought it a good place to ask.

If you have sound evidence & reports from your vet & cannot get anywhere with the breeder the office of fair trading, consumer affairs, is the place to go for advice on putting in to the small claims court to get your money back.

Sometimes they may order you to return the puppy if the breeder wants this.

I'd probably say that at this stage, is the vet of the opinion that the issue can be fixed without surgery or intrusive/expensive treatments?

It could be that with a decent diet and some positive physical therapy, the pup could come good and have no lasting issues... fingers crossed for that outcome by the way...

This may just be a hiccup in the pup's development, yes?

T.

My first port of call was definitely the breeder, however that didn't go as well as I had hoped

Being a breeder doesn't necessarily mean they are on the level and over the years I have experienced many duck for cover when something goes wrong particularly if a refund or payment for medical costs is looming in supply of a faulty pup. Personally, I think the breeder is best empowered to keep it off a forum by addressing the buyer's concerns in a professional manner and sadly not all breeders are accommodating once the sales transaction is made.

Can someone explain the condition for me? I googled images and it just looks like knuckling over. :o Can't that be helped with diet and splints?

yes knuckling over and usually very easily fixed, can appear overnight

Fangks Rebanne :) I've known knuckling over to come and go with diet etc and never considered it was something that (no offence to the OP) was too sinister or a sign of bad breeding. That's only limited knowledge of course.

A proper deformity would be different but there is no mention of a definitive diagnosis.