Bunnings Compost Bin How To Support It?

spice_1

I find that all pens need some sort of support. Unless you have a base and a lid for them the pup(s) can push them around and/or collapse them so the answer is to fasten them to at least one solid structure near where the crate is positioned. I have used verandah posts, drain pipes, fence posts, rings fixed in the wall. . . . . anything that will provide a good solid anchor. You can also use tent pegs, but they are not as good because they are close to the ground and relatively easily loosened when pressure is applied to the wall(s)

Hey guys I bought Bunnings compost bin as a puppy play pen after reading it here just wondering how do you guys support it without it tipping over when your puppy is in there? Cheers

...just fill it with compost ...the weight will prevent it from tipping and he will love to play in it :rofl:

Are you wanting it inside or outside?

If you've got it outside you could use a building structure (verandah post as mentioned above) or hammer in some steel pickets and wire it to them :)

If inside could just tie it to a chair or a table? Tying it to a dog crate is a fantastic idea though!!

This is my dogs area for when he is indoors with me at work. It's five compost panels cable tied together attached to a large vebo crate also via cable ties. I just use a dog lead clip on the two front panels as a gate instead of a permanent join

post-48894-0-46342600-1458086681_thumb.jpeg

Edited by blinkblink

Blinkblink I love that set up!!

And that's at work!? So cool that they let you take your dog! thumbsup1.gif

Despite my boss being a complete bitch and all :rofl:

Haha, maybe time for desexing laugh.gif ;)

Lol! I'm the boss......it's my own business!

Blinkblink I love that set up!!

And that's at work!? So cool that they let you take your dog! thumbsup1.gif

Despite my boss being a complete bitch and all :rofl:

Haha, maybe time for desexing laugh.gif ;)

Lol! I'm the boss......it's my own business!

Hahaha, I figured it was either that or the dog rofl1.gif 50/50 embarrass.gif