Pts Or Rehome?

Loba

I second the adaptil disfuser and collars. They do work well and are easy to use. Just makes sure the diffuser is near where the dog spends a great deal of time...:)

Also suggest T Touch.

and ask if a full thyroid panel was included in the blood tests??

Having had an extremely anxious dog ..i found letting Lucky take his own time with just about anything and he was far more settled as a pack member rather than as a singleton pet ( with one strong command..his was sit..i could just about whisper that word 100m from Lucky and his little bottom would hit the ground and he was happily wait for me to come to him..but he never ever learned to be able to come to a call)

H

ps. should also have said medication is not the end of the world but often the beginning of a better life..:)

Edited by dogbesotted

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazydoglady99

How are you this week Loba?

I meant to mention previously that a thundershirt was great with my anxious wreck dog. Just one more ridiculously expensive thing to contemplate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I have been using adsptil spray on his bed...not sure yet how much difference it is making but will persevere.

Have also had 2 sessions with an acupuncturist and three of T-TOUCH and I can truly see an improvement.

I have also changed the way we go on walks etc so it is really a whole toolbox of possible solutions!

Main thing is thank you all. He is already much imoroved and I am beginning to think we might get there!

Quick update. I have been using adsptil spray on his bed...not sure yet how much difference it is making but will persevere.

Have also had 2 sessions with an acupuncturist and three of T-TOUCH and I can truly see an improvement.

I have also changed the way we go on walks etc so it is really a whole toolbox of possible solutions!

Main thing is thank you all. He is already much imoroved and I am beginning to think we might get there!

How wonderful, Loba. Your update moved me to tears. I came across TTouch some years ago and found it quite extraordinary. I really must get back to using it on one of my littlies who is very timid.

Good luck for continued improvement. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't rehome or PTS, he may very well get better.

Our female came at 5 months of age already fearful and against 'breeders' advice, we stopped walking her in areas that had a lot of people. If we did come across a group of people and she froze or tried to get away, we'd either cross the road or pick her up (though with your dog, a bit harder to do).

At home if visitors come, she retreats to our bedroom upstairs and we let her choose to come down or not. We agreed to give her 'space' where she felt safe and no one is allowed to go into the room alone. Not because she might bite them (she pees herself instead), but because it's up to her to make the move.

When she does come down, we tell people to ignore her, because when she's in her 'fear zone' she just doesn't react to any positive stimuli. The best thing we've learnt, is to let her make the decision.

Over the course of years, she has gotten better, she comes down to greet people now (though if there is a loud man, she will never make an appearance) - the time period between her coming down is lessening.

She's a lovely dog and once she knows someone, she loves them too.

I wouldn't trade her for the world.