Funny Things U Find When Walking The Dog!

Alibi

Came across this in the side walk when taking the dog for a walk, had to do a double take lol.

6fc6992d3579b2df5dd3f9124e2dc222.jpg

b7e6d61d2c66d60ba73a04cf893574ca.jpg

Feel free to add anything unusual you have seen on your travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What IS that, Alibi?

Mal finds all the food and is getting better at this with his noseworks training. ????

There's a street near us with a whole bunch of paw prints in concrete in a 'walking along' fashion. Not sure whether real or fake, and if real that surely could not have been good for the dog?! but it looks pretty cute!

ECHIDNA

(Ok this was when we were camping but adorable! I got a video then cleared us out)

One of my dogs found an echidna in my parents backyard, I heard her barking so went to get her in and found she was barking at an echidna. I was so stoked to see one in the wild as I have only ever seen one in a zoo before (echidna was not harmed by the dog in anyway as she was terrified of it and was standing metres away barking looking worried :laugh: ).

We've found whole geckos. Once I saw a Koala going for walk and was grateful evil hound did not see it.

Often what catches my attention is little kids things - you know how they toss things out of the pram and Mum doesn't see...

Shoes, hats, sox, dummies, toys.... I was thinking of starting a photo gallery of things ejected from prams...

Also frequently see pet rabbits wandering the street verges... as well as possums and cats.

and this time of year - birds, murdered birds.

Best thing I have 'found' was a Numbat. Alive & on the other side of a fence between paddocks. We sometimes see them in the bush but this one was on the neighbours sheep paddock which has lots of remnant bush on it. The dogs just sat down and looked as shocked as I felt. The Numbat sat up on his/her haunches and looked ridiculously cute.

Ziggy found a koala

I found a koala sitting in the middle of a country road...not injured. I stopped & shushed him (her?) into bushes & up a tree.

Soon after, a friend who's a police officer, also came upon one in the middle of the road. He picked it up to carry it to the bush & trees. Koala belted into him with its claws. Ripped his uniform & gave him nasty lacerations. But he got it up a tree.

He fronted up to emergency at the hospital, bloody & shirt shredded like he'd been attacked by some violent criminal. Staff were impressed at this noble guardian of the law. But he had to 'fess up he'd been done over by a koala. Much laughing at him & teasing. Seems not good idea to pick up a koala.

The incident with the police officer happened quite a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if police officers are now given protocols in how to deal safely with native animals they come across in 'at risk' situations.

TSD & Katsin, those stories are too cute!

Honestly it was like he was playing with my foster kittens. Such a softy!

No way would I pick up a koala! I put Zig on a sit stay and got very close as I thought it might be injured. But it seemed fine and wasn't there when I came back to check. Very unusual in that area of the forest apparently.

Ok mine is weird and gross so open at your peril!

The dog found it behind some houses in a stretch of land which backs on to a small forest. I took some photos to the police station after high tailing it out of there but they said it was nothing to worry about. Anyone brave enough to look want to hazzard a guess what its from?

Weird%20thing%20found_zpsbrkwjdr4.jpg