Bark Busters Obedience?

Someone recommend bark busters training so I've tried to have a look online but am only able to find years old reviews. 

Have been in touch with Ken Tran (Eastern suburbs sydney franchise) and he is coming to train our 9 week old puppy. Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with them or can recommend another trainer that you may think is better?

Edited by Zoeh

I think a friend of mine used one of the Sydney franchises and was happy with them.  Don't know much about them.  Hopefully others can comment on them.  Just remember - its OK to not agree and if you really don't click - you don't have to continue.  2 out of the 4 places I tried with my last dog (we moved a lot) were not the right fit for me. 

• Like 1

I don't agree with Bark Buster's training methods and have heard plenty of people have no success with their methods. As it's a franchise this does vary from operation to operation... there may be some franchisees that have some dog training skills who may be better than others. In general though, I wouldn't recommend a franchise like this... people buy into them with no dog training experience, attend a 2 week training course and then they are on their own. 

If you are looking for a private trainer, look for someone with years of experience, qualifications (NDTF/Delta) and who uses methods that are scientifically proven to work.  Bark Busters uses some weird methods (throwing chains and yelling "BAA" at the dog just to name a few) that have no scientific backing. 

The best trainers I know in Sydney are www.K9PRO.com.au.

• Like 5

it seems a lot of money to spend on  baby puppy training ..what problems are you having ? :)

So much of baby puppy education is simply a good routine, and setting things up so pup cannot easily make a 'mistake'  :D 

You will probably find these videos & articles fun, and they will certainly help you understand more of the WHYS  of puppy behaviour , and how your puppy sees the world .When you have some understanding of how puppy sees their world , then you will find communicating is so much more comfortable ! 

enjoy!!

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE 

• Like 4

Actually it's the owners that benefit most from a good trainer, so the age of the dog is irrelevant. I think it's a an excellent idea for the owners to learn the basics of training BEFORE any problems arise. :)

Too often a dog trainer is not sought until major problems have been established and by that stage you often really need a behaviourist, not just a trainer.

Edited by RuralPug
fat finger typos sigh
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

I have recently got BB out to our home.  Maybe we are one of the lucky ones, because I could see an improvement on the first day.  We do use a collar that have a piece of chain in, but the trainer showed us how to just pull it to make the grrrts sound, but not to choke the dog.  I do use a water bottle with the BAH when I do not get reaction immediately.  So far I am happy.  Marthy is coming out to our house tomorrow again as I requested assistance on chewing.  In the mean time he has recommended crib stop, which seems to work.  I will keep you up to date on how Bark Busters is doing.  

• 5 weeks later...

Having seen others go through BB (as they were new to being dog owners), is that their training is corrective, so requires that the dog actually does the wrong behaviour first, in order to 'correct' it. I would much rather than my dog chooses a desired behaviour because that's what we have trained, and doesn't even attempt an undesired behaviour and then develop an anxiety about doing the wrong thing because it might get corrected.

• Like 2

I too would much rather train the behaviour I want to see which eliminates behaviour you don't like naturally. Its so disappointed such a large chain of trainers still insist on this type of corrective training with all the knowledge out there now.:(

Edited by Roova
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Roova said:

such a large chain of trainers still insist on this type of corrective training with all the knowledge out there now.:(

LOL .. because it has an instant response ..seen by the owner to be  amazing ..and so creates  a dependence immediately .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1