FEEDING A LARGE BREED DOG

Stitch

I am looking for a way to feed a large breed dog that is affordable but healthy.  Currently I am feeding BARF but I am hoping someone here can recommend something that I can put with the BARF as feeding a large breed adult dog all BARF is quite expensive.  Problem is that I am not comfortable with the idea of combining the BARF with dry dog food but it might come down to that.  I am currently trialling mixing in some of the dog rolls but am not happy with the common supermarket ones and the vet/pet shop ones are just as expensive as feeding BARF.   Any ideas?

I feed 3 greyhounds twice a day. Raw minced chicken for breakfast ( was cooking it due to a health scare for one dog but back to raw now ) and dry for tea. The dry food I feed is a mix of what is on special at the supermarket or at Budget Pet Products. Supercoat, Optimum, Natures Gift or similar. Can be grain free or not.  I don't believe paying $100 for a dry food makes it any better then what I am already feeding nor do I have to feed less of it (according to the bag) because it's "better". My dogs also get raw duck necks or rib bones once or twice a week and whole raw carrots to munch on.

• Like 1

My giants get roo, beef, salmon, chicken ( frames, feet, necks, wings ) carrots, broccoli, rice, pasta for dinner and anything else one  in particular can steal off the bench :) In the morning they get dry - all my giants do well on CopRice - it's cheap and doesn't go through them.

I am lucky  there is a quality pet food shop in the next town which is fairly cheap - large salmon heads at 50cents each, chicken feet are couple of $ a kg, beef and roo is about $5 kg. I found prepared Barf was too expensive for me and I didn't like the mushy consistency.

• Like 1