Sydney Family Wants Answers Over Delays in Receiving Late Dog's Ashes

Deeds

They could have been a little less descriptive about the state pets may be in after they have passed... and quite frankly, vet clinic staff definitely make sure that any post death mess is long gone before the animal is placed in the bag that is sent to the cremation services - no animal is placed into the bag in an unfit state/condition, they are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.

This whole problem could so easily have been resolved much earlier by simple communication of the issue (the urn out of stock) - the owners could have changed the urn to one that was in stock, etc... so definitely a poor response from the cremation service there...

T.

• Like 3

It doesn’t state vet clinic staff haven’t cleaned up the bodies. You can send your animals direct if they’ve died at home and often, fluid leaks for a long while! As a former vet nurse, I’ve taken dogs out of the freezer and they will leak fluid the minute they begin to defrost, even if ok before going in. 

While I agree the cremation company could have used more sensitive wording, I think it’s just a stupid media pickup of a nothing story. Seriously idiotic media. 

I get that is a heartbreaking time for anyone who has lost a loved pet - been there and done that and had my own issues with cremation services, but there are horrible things happening in the world that far outweigh this bit of rubbish hyped up reporting. 

Give people a break, especially the businesses named and shamed in this circus.  

Edited by ~Anne~
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, tdierikx said:

- no animal is placed into the bag in an unfit state/condition, they are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.

@tdierikxif you believe that you have rocks in your head.  I have seen the opposite on more that one occasion and at more vets than one.  Not someone telling me third hand .... with my own eyes.   

• Sad 3

The fact remains that if the cremation service company had communicated the issue with the urn type being out of stock, the delay may have been resolved by the owners simply picking a different one from what they did have in stock... or at the very least, the owners would have been aware of why there was a delay.

T.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tdierikx said:

The fact remains that if the cremation service company had communicated the issue with the urn type being out of stock, the delay may have been resolved by the owners simply picking a different one from what they did have in stock... or at the very least, the owners would have been aware of why there was a delay.

T.

Now, that sounds too simple- and a bit like 'common sense' , which we know is in short supply :(

• Sad 1

Afraid they will just have to suck this one up and  at least be thankful they got a refund ,.. Bit harsh is'nt it , but unfortunatly what i'm reading here is  a sign of the times ,  its called bad buisness  its just part of the modern world , its happenning all around ,, i and i suppose most  everyone   can tell horor storys about dealing with buisnesses and bad communication ect ect ,

Afraid its happenning everywhere and in most buisnesses ,,  good old fashioned communication has gone right out the window ,, I mean even look at posts on here and see how many people have said , breeders don't answer there calls or emails ,,, breeders may say there  busy  , need to work or whatever  , but facts are if your running a buisness any buisness its bad buisness and bad manners not to jump on and return calls straight away

I know myself i run what i suppose you could say was a reasonable succesful buisness , i base that on the fact i retired at 55  self funded ,   but i still get phone calls for work , i have 3 sons who   do what i did all work for themselves , and i stopped  passing there names to potential customers , because they simply do not have the same ethics i had ,  ,  it bothers me and annoys me no end , when i get a call    and then say sorry  i'm retired but  i can reccomend my son , then take there niumber and pass it to my son ,  only in 3-4 maybee 5 days , i'll ask how did you go with that job and the answer is , not rang them yet ,, Grrrrr  it makes me mad   , my attitude is , they ring you , ANSWER them straight away ,  its bad buisness and most of all bad manners  not to ,,, different generatons different times , customer service is not at the forefront , and     its just part of the changing world ,, i shake my head with them , , they turn there phones off at 5  o clock  saying finished   buisness hrs are 8-5  ,, i try to explain to them , i NEVER turned my phones off , i was open 24-7  for customers to reach ,  thats why i could retire early because i gave GOOD SERVICE ,,  there attitude is different  , don't seem that bothered ,  ,, and  then they got annoyed when i stopped passing work on to them ,  and now pass it on to  my mate who  has the same attitude has me ,

Like i said its all a sign of the times , look around its everywhere , and theres always an excuse ,  to quote a famous song , The times they are a changing

Edited by coneye

• 1 month later...

We are going through the exact same situation with Pets to Rest right now. Our Japanese Spitz Hiro was Euthanased back on Dec 22 and to this day cant get any answers. Pets To Rest phone is constantly engaged! Shattered!

IMG-20221222-WA0005.jpg

• Sad 6

I really feel for you. Are you able to visit a business address and talk to them?

Otherwise, as Deeds has said, contact your vet. They may also be a go between with contact if they’re in regular touch with the service. 

Contacting the vet was the first thing I did. Five dock Veterinary Hospital where Hiro went his whole life. They kept giving me the run around telling me they would call me back and not doing so. I must have called 3 times and went in twice. Demanding they call the crematorium in front of me. They never answered they said they would send an urgent email requesting what the hell was going on and would give me a call back. Days passed and nothing until I called up again. And I would have to explain everything again because she would tell me I will call them up and If I cant get in touch with anyone I will send an email. Anyways went in on sat got a bit roudy as the frustration is real. They told me they had not heard anything back. This was the 28th.  Asked to speak to the owner which is on leave, of course. 

So yeah I have been trying to call Pets to Rest for last few days. The 1300 number is always engaged. I Emailed them today after watching the ACA piece again and just after posting on here! I threatened to contact ACA following up on the piece they done in december on them. Apparently Hiro is being returned tomorrow. 

This has been the worst experience..

Hope I can keep it together when I pick him up. 

I rang the vet right after Sarah told me he was being returned tomorrow. She told me they just recieved an email from Pets To Rest just then saying he was being returned tomorrow. On the 28th when I was at the vet I asked them to check their email. The receptionist said she didn't have access. I said get me someone who does. A vet came out told me she was in the middle of euthanizing a dog. (Can't make this up) I felt bad and she told me she would call me personally today. No call. Anyways Sarah said in the email she responded to vet on the 25th.

Later on this evening I got another call from the vet. The young lady (which I had talked to on a previous visit) told me that she managed to get in contact with Pets To Rest and they told her Hiro was being returned tomorrow. I said I already talked to the other receptionist earlier. And then it clicked. She didn't chase anything up! Pets to rest contacted them litterally minutes after my emails.

What an absolute stressful nightmare this has been.

I just want my best friend home

Screenshot_20230130_225116_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_225142_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_225243_Gmail.jpg

• Sad 2

I’m really sorry you had to go through all that. I hope Hiro’s ashes are returned to you today and you can put this ghastly experience behind you. Sadly it seems no one understood the distress and sensitive nature of the situation.