Freeze dried pet preservation

West

Just wondering if anyone has done pet preservation please through the freeze dried process

i have just lost my beautiful dog and am paralysed with grief 

I cannot bury her or cremate her

Thank you

Edited by West
Change of wording

• West changed the title to Freeze dried pet preservation
2 hours ago, West said:

Not for me I find it creepy and wouldn't want my pet to then be a display item for all too touch and look at .

We spread some off there ashes at there fav place to be a free spirit and keep some to be with us in a personal and private manner 

• Like 4

All of us here have gone through the same grief @West so we do know how you are feeling.

have your dog cremated or buried under her favourite garden-spot and give her some dignity.

Remember it is still about her and doing what you are thinking of doing is not going to help your grief.

Would she have wanted it?

• Like 3

Oh, @West , I feel for you . Death brings decisions, and we are often too distraught to think straight . :(
If you freeze-dry the body , that's all it is - a stiff and dry body ...your girl's spirit has gone over the bridge , where she is running free , happy and healthy , and where you heart can still reach her in memories and dreams.
take care ... :hug: 

Edited by persephone
  • Like 6

So sorry for your loss.  @West.  I lost 2 of imine last year .. a 5.5 year old Border Collie girl to an aggressive GI cancer in October, and then my 14 year old BC boy suddenly and unexpectedl 3 days before Christmas.  Their ashes, just in simple velvet bags are now with the other 4 Border Collies I have lost over the years... the first one not long after cremation became available.  They are accompanied by 2 of the cats I have lost over those years.   Sadly, one lot of ashes is missing.. the Emergency Vet Centre stuffed up and didn't arrange the cremation i had actually paid for.  I was too upset to argue with them at the time .. and it wouldn't have fixed anything,   

I find it comforting to know that their ashes are with me all the time.   

It's different for everyone, but I feel the body is just as @persephonehas said .. a body.   My animal is in the photos and videos and memories.

• Like 2

Mine are all cremated and they will come with me when I go. :rainbowbridge: 
I completely understand about the challenges of grieving. Many have passed away in my arms and there is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Her soul will always be with you, no matter what you do with her earthly remains.  

• Like 3