Supercoat

Leenie

Hi - does anyone have a bag of Supercoat handy? If so can you please type out the ingredient list, in the order that it appears on the bag or can anyone point me to a website that has this information?

Thank you! Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Also, who uses Supercoat and what do you think of it? How does it compare to other brands? I have a client whose dog is exhibiting aggressive behaviour and he is on Supercoat. I'm trying to get an ingredient list and some advice from Supercoat feeders to eliminate anything it contains as a possible cause.

Supercoat Puppy

meat and meat by-products (from chicken and beef)

wholegrain cereals (wheat and/or sorghum)

wheat bran

whole inseeds

iodised salt

mixed natural tocopherols (Vitamin E)

rosemary plant extract

vitamins (A,D,E,K,B1,B6, Niacin, Riboflavin, Folic acid, Choline, Biotin, B12)

trace minerals (iron, zinc, copper, manganese)

garlic

kelp

I'm feeding my pup on this and definately haven't had any aggression issues or any other issues for that matter, he seems to be doing quiet well on it until I can afford RC. The supercoat definately isn't as moist or smelly as the Royal Canin, but obviously is far more tasty than Eukanuba because my pup wouldn't touch Eukanuba but will happily eat supercoat, he'd still prefer RC though, and so would I.

Ditto shehkina!

Only thing is I'm going to give Pro Plan or Eagle Pack a go. No issues with Supercoat but it's not the only thing I feed - it's more like a side-dish in my dogs' diet.

Still look into food though Leenie - there might be something which is not agreeing with your friends' dog. :laugh:

We used supercoat special care for a number of years with our CT affected dog with no problems. However, since Dr Harry came onboard this product changed in appearance and also started to give our dogs the runs. Would not use it again.

Regards,

I used to feed my dogs Supercoat but switched to Nutrience and although there is nothing wrong with Supercoat (its pretty good) ive been blown away in the change in my dogs since switching over... their coats are so shiny and the energy level is up, they look great, plus they love it!

my dogs and puppies are all supercoaters!

we tried

BONNIE

EUKANUBA

SCIENCE DIET

PURINA

ROYAL CANIN ETC......

It is reliable, the dogs love it and the pups are mad for it!

I do use science diet some times for bitches in whelp and just after.

The proof is in the pudding(below)

post-22-1130595762.jpg

Edited by Rottywoman

Rosemary [for humans] has precautions on it and shouldnt be be used during pregnancy and is unsuitable for people with epilepsy or high blood pressure. These are the big ones but there are more. Based on the fact that the AMOUNT of rosemary in this food isnt noted, that it doesnt easily wash out of the body and may have an acculmulative effect would make me hestiate to feed this over a long term.

Supercoat gave 2 of my dogs the runs and also Zephyr is extremely allergic to something in it and it makes him itch. It made my Malt x constipated.

My dogs coats were dry and their skin was flaky on Supercoat. I will only use Advance. It is one of the best dry dogs foods and does not contain any preservitives and additives.

I use Supa coat and never have any problems at all.It"s obvious the agression is not linked to feeding Supa Coat. Tonymc

Different foods can cause different problems depending on the particulan animal involved. I was told the other day of a persian cat who was an absolute monster, narky and agressive the owners put him on RC Persian...and the owners came back in to the store to say their cat was competely different..smoochy, affectionate, and friendly..no more the snarly, scratchy nutcase ;) They aren't sure if it was fustration for the cat in having possible difficulties in eating the other food or something else but they weren't questioning the result :crazy:

Also like some people some ingredients can cause issues with some dogs. The best way to check is probably to change the food, for example if they want to stay with the price range of supercoat perhaps go to Bonnie, Optimum or Purina One or what ever it's called.