Dog Food/treat Recipes

Dr Harry's Dog Biscuits are a BIG winner in this house... the dogs love them, and they are super cheap and non-stinky to make (actually, they are really yummy for people biscuits when modified a little and not baked so hard!)

I'll go for a search to find the recipe...

lol funny you should say that chelseas mum .. when i made them my husband ate some just to see what they are like and he said u know u could ad this and this and they would be not to bad,,,, lol typical chef he is... has to try everything i make and then tell me what to do with it...lol

I 'modified' the recipe a little bit (removed the bran, added parmesan, a few herbs and some garlic), cut them with non-doggy shaped cutters, and baked them a little less... a voila! They taste great with a nice sharp cheese and a glass of wine.

Sorry for the OT Eridor!

A lovely lady in germany gave me this one and my dogs LOVE them.

Pure up chicken or "other" liver

add brocolli and any other vegetable you want ie mushrooms

add one egg

half cup of wholemeal flour

bake - with windown open cause liver stinks hehehe

but my dogs LOVE them, and they are healthy

Ours LOVE apple pieces dipped in yoghurt and then put in the freezer..

They also have puppy choc bites made from carob... banana and 'a little bit off' strawberries dipped in this melted carob and put in the fridge to go hard and they would do just about anything for them.

Tuna egg and bread crumbs.. mix up, roll into balls, put into fridge or freezer.

Edited by KOE`VU

To make Jerky:

Cut thin long strips of lean meat - as thin as you can.

you can rub with garlic if you like for extra flavour

Take paper clips and twist so they make tiny hooks (one hook each end) - use the plain metal ones not the coloured ones!

Thread a hook through the end of each meat strip.

Put one oven rack the highest it can go in the oven. Take out all other racks

Hang meat from the rack on the hooks.

Turn oven on very low (lowest possible setting) and prop oven door slightly open (I use a flat cast iron pan to prop it - dont prop it too wide if you can help it)

Leave in oven on low all day (I suggest doing it on a day you can hang around and check just for safety sake)

When meat is dry enough for your liking, remove from oven and break up to use for training treats (if you dont decide to eat it yourself!

Icy Paws

2 cartons plain or vanilla yogurt (32 oz each)

1 small can tuna in water (8oz.)

2 tsp. garlic power

24 3 oz. plastic cups (not paper)

Open yogurt, if they are full to the top use a spoon & scoop out one cup. (these will be frozen as plain yogurt). Put half of the can of tuna in each yogurt container add the garlic power (1 tsp. in each) & stir thoroughly. Use a spoon & scoop the mixture into the cups. Place on a tray & freeze overnight. Makes about 24 treats.

GARLIC BEEF BISCUITS

2 cups plain or wholemeal flour

1 cup polenta

¼ cup wheatgerm

1 egg

1T oil

½ cup concentrated liquid beef stock

½ cup hot water

2 crushed cloves of garlic

Preheat oven to 140C.

Mix flour, polenta, wheatgerm together in large bowl, add other ingredients and mix well. Roll out on a well floured surface to 1cm thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on silicone paper lined baking sheet and bake for 2 hours until dry and very hard. Let stand overnight to dry thoroughly.

To make garlic chicken biscuits substitute liquid chicken stock for the beef stock.

Perry's favourite:

CINNAMON HEARTS

5 cups of plain flour

1 cup raw rolled oats

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

50g butter

1 egg lightly beaten

1 cup grated apple

1 tablespoon water

Mix together flour, oats, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Rub butter into mixture until it roughly resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre, add egg and mix through with a fork. Add grated apple, work through with hands until combined. Add water to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured board and keep adding flour until dough is firmer and does not stick to the board. Roll out dough to 3-4 mm thickness and cut out shapes.

Place heart shapes on greased oven tray, glaze with additional beaten egg if desired and sprinkle extra cinnamon. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown in colour. Cool on a wire rack until biscuits harden.

Hi guys

If anyone is interested- sometime next week i may be able to send them an ebook of doggy treats that i bought off ebay- have tried a few recipes and they seem really good. :p

kool peri im always interested in new doggy recipies for my babies

Chloe likes these ones best

GINGERBONES

4 cups plain flour

2 cups wholemeal flour

1 cup molasses

1 cup water

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 T ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into bone shapes. Place cookies on ungreased, foil-lined baking sheets and bake in a

preheated 160C oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 5 to 6 dozen.