Uncontrollable Urge To Pee. Stops On Vomit

Erny

Hiya buddy :o

I'm glad to hear the meds aren't playing up on Kal and that she is feeling quite good at the moment.

As for the nose-noise you describe, my girl does this occasionally too :eek: ...

At first I panicked and took her off to the vet the next day (I thought it was related to a medication she was on), and the vet just looked at me "weird" and listened to her chest. Because she only does this occasionally when she is laying down with her neck stretched out in front of her or in various other positions difficult to describe, he couldn't witness the "noise" himself so I tried to make the noise myself :) You should have heard me snorting around the clinic like I was suffering an asthma attack with a blocked nose to boot :( Whilst snorting away, the vet asked how I was making the noise... I said "with my nose and throat", he then simply said "then why did you ask me to listen to her lungs :( Feeling REALLY dumb we decided together that it is nothing vital and after verifying that her nose and throat were clear of all obstructions I went home.

My vet still snorts at me each time I go in to see him :eek:

How can you be sure it is not the medication that is having an effect on her throat/nasal passages, making them a bit "lazy" and thus making noise, a bit like a snorer ???

I sure hope its nothing worrysome (sp?).

:eek:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Your post cracked me up, Pampa. A nice way to stem the tears (that needed to flow) after just reading Hespandabear's post to Kal, Ollie, Stewie and Lucinda.

I know the breathing isn't related to the meds because, looking back, I recognise the early signs which started 2-3 months ago. Unless, of course, the meds have made it worse? Possible. I reported it to the surgeon's assistant today. She's going to report it to Guy and I'm expecting a call in the next day or so.

I have prematurely posted in the thread by Hespandabear and, now that I'm here, guess I should mention it now.

This morning, I scheduled Kal's surgery for 29th May.

This afternoon, I took Kal to her chiro.

Long story short. I am seriously thinking about doing an about face on the surgery. At the moment, I'm spinning from indecision. I think I need to sleep on it and, first thing in the morning, investigate my true gut feelings on the matter.

Thoughts are with you at this time, I read your post from start to finish staying up late well past the bedtime and please know that I wish you both all the best, decisions are always hard to make but know that whatever decision you make it will be made from your heart with the best interest for your love of Kal.

I am from your area and know of Russell Mitten and he is highly recommended but ultimately you know best and what Kal can cope with, I hope you have many more wonderful memories together.

Erny,

Always remember that you and you alone are the one who ultimately can make the best decision for Kal. That decision will be based on knowledge, knowing your girl and above all love.

whatever you decide will be the right decision for you and Kal.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Helen

Erny, you are a very wise and honest person. As with many decisions there are pros and cons to consider, and your journey has been something of a whirlwind at times. You still have some weeks to arrive at a definite decision, and whatever that is it will be the best you can do with how much you know your dog, Kal.

Thinking positive thoughts for you and Kal.

:)

I have been following your thread about Kal... You sure have had some ups and downs - it is so hard sometimes...

I just wanted to let you know that Ollie's holistic vet in Sydney has never seen him (so no poking and probing)... She gets all of her information from me and our vet... He faxes all test results to her and I liaise with her on the phone about how he is doing and any new symptoms... We speak at least once a month...

Lots of hugs and prayers to you and Kal from Ollie and I...

Jodie

There is another problem... It relates to her breathing and it is in the last two nights that I am beginning to become alarmed. As far as I am able to tell, it seems to occur only/mainly at night time, although in this I could be wrong. It is trouble with breathing through her nose.

Oh dear ..... just noticed clear phlegm tinged with blood coming from one nostril (right side). What the hell does that mean :) . Surely it can't be good? Ringing emergency (for some advice) now.

Werribee Emergency centre giving Kal's notes and tonight's report to the emergency Vet. Waiting for a call back. Estimated 15-30 minutes.

In the meantime, 'bloody drip' has stopped. It isn't prolific.

F%$k

Edited by Erny

Thanks Trace. Just got off the phone from the Werribee Emergency Vet (EV), who did have a quick glance through Kal's notes so has a vague idea of history.

Kal is eating well so the EV doesn't believe it is urgent. I have told her the frequency of "backward sneezes" has increased considerably over the last couple of days, even though I felt the noise from her breathing through her nose had eased a little.

Tonight, the 'gurgling' sound in her nose has returned. (Obviously the phlegm/fluid in it.)

Her nose is still draining phlegm/blood - whether it is constant or not is difficult to assess, because Kal licks it off. But it seems to take a minute or two for the flow to return.

The EV has suggested I telephone Guy Yates tomorrow, although she doesn't know if he's in this coming week or not. If not, I'll either try to get a message to wherever he is, or speak to another Vet.

This may not even be related to everything/anything else that's wrong - maybe it's a grass seed or something? It's just one thing on top of another that's so frustrating. Also difficult to answer the usual questions such as "how is she feeling?" - because I can say "low", but then that's a symptom of everything else that's been going on for the last countless months too.

Sometimes I just feel like screaming. In fact ..........................................................

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrggggggghhhh!

There. That's better. :)

Hi Abs. Thanks for your post. Will let everyone know what the Vet says.

And Allerzeit. I feel quite selfish and self absorbed. Thank you for your recent post. You made time for Kal and I when you yourself would be feeling the grief of loss. I hope pain will be healed by time and that the process is not too difficult for you. :)

oh Erny how much more do you and Kal have to go through?

I can only imagine how worried you are about this latest development. I would be too.

Try to keep in mind that although we frequently imagine the very worst equally if not more often there is a simple explanation.

Hang in there...Kal is in all our thoughts and prayers.

Loads of hugs to you both.

Helen